Camco element with cable disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64stangman

Reaction score
I have two 5500w (240V) Camco 02964/5 elements and I would really like to create a quick cable disconnection like Bobby's from Brewhardware.com

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/element5500_ripple_tc.htm

Rather than using these $50 housing enclosure units for each element:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-5...10.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.337.4TAI9I

If I could simply create a cable disconnection this venture would be a lot simpler for cleaning, leaving the element in the pot without dragging any cables and cheaper than the housing unit shown above (even from china).

Any thoughts on how to make a connection like Bobby's for a camco element?

2.jpeg

Element5500_RIPPLE_TC-3T.jpg

1.jpeg

housing.PNG

I bought the TC based elements with the 30p plug like brewhardware/brew boss sells only I bought mine from a seller on Alibaba.. (white based ones you linked.) I paid $16 each plus shipping for 2 of them.
There's no way of adding a 25a plug to the base that won't dramatically increase the size of the housing mounted to the side of the kettle. I was going to mount a 30a aviation connector in a hot pod enclosure from brewhardware but the length would be much longer and it would be akward.

I bought the TC based elements with the 30p plug like brewhardware/brew boss sells only I bought mine from a seller on Alibaba.. (white based ones you linked.) I paid $16 each plus shipping for 2 of them.
There's no way of adding a 25a plug to the base that won't dramatically increase the size of the housing mounted to the side of the kettle. I was going to mount a 30a aviation connector in a hot pod enclosure from brewhardware but the length would be much longer and it would be akward.

I saw your post on another thread! I just contacted this guy "Allen"; I hope he's trustworthy. He said he'd send me the welded ferrules too with 1.5" triclamps. How do you like the elements so far? are they really ULWD?

I just found out about these elements with end caps in the last couple of weeks. I've been wondering how to replicate this as well.

I saw your post on another thread! I just contacted this guy "Allen"; I hope he's trustworthy. He said he'd send me the welded ferrules too with 1.5" triclamps. How do you like the elements so far? are they really ULWD?

They are... Honestly I have had nothing bad to say about them and wouldnt hesitate to buy more.
(I did a search and checked out Allen Gu's facebook page prior to purchasing from him to ensure he was who he said and worked at Yuling element company.)

Latest posts

Back