Cam Locks - simple question really...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrainer

BeerCzar I am
Reaction score
I went to my LHBS a few days ago to pick up some camlocks. I was planning an assortment of A and F items and 2 of the cam lock devices for the hose ends. The kid at the LHBS suggested I place the cam locks on the keggles and the A and F plugs on the hose ends.

This is reverse of what I was planning. Does anyone have hind sight experience in part selections for cam locks?

I personally made sure that the A and F parts were on the kettles and the camlock parts (B or D) on the hoses. My reasoning was that I wanted to be sure that if I accidentally dropped one if the hoses it didn't dent/screw up the A/F fittings.

+1 ^ I used the 1/2" hose barb camlock fittings from BF on my hoses, and the F male connectors on the valves...

Whatever is on your kettle will get hot. I don't like wearing gloves, so I keep the female cams with their swing arms on the detachable stuff like hoses. This is pretty standard, and I assume the reason.

I went to my LHBS a few days ago to pick up some camlocks. I was planning an assortment of A and F items and 2 of the cam lock devices for the hose ends. The kid at the LHBS suggested I place the cam locks on the keggles and the A and F plugs on the hose ends.

This is reverse of what I was planning. Does anyone have hind sight experience in part selections for cam locks?

The easy answer is that A and F don't have hose barbs on them so you can't do that anyway. However, there's almost no benefit to having the male part of the cam QD system on the hose ends.

Thanks all, that's was my intention but this kid gets all upidy when you challenge him on it... Fact of the matter is, they were way over priced, I'm estimating with shipping I'll be at half their cost.

I'm just happy to rid my rig of those brass mcmaster car QDs bobby or someone suggested many years ago.... I hate those things.

:rockin:

Back