Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I really need to go through and organize my music collection again... also finding albums by Avantasia, Nightwish, Demons & Wizards, Sonata Arctica, and Doro; all that mixed in with the 'normal' stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Danzig, Iron Maiden, etc.

These guys sound really cool to me. Close to the limit of what I care for in vocal style, very gravelly, but at least still understandable. The instrument components are awesome :rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm old so school... I'm still reeling over the Black Sabbath reunion tours! Peace and Love, man!

Oh yeah! Saw sabbath twice, once at blossom in '97 with Pantera! then with Judas Priest when they did THEIR reunion tour with Ozzy/Sabbath in '04. Pantera was killer live. Ozzfest was always a lot of stony fun. Plenty of beer, weed & topless hotties....:drunk:

Speaking of F'd up lyrics... Any room for some horrorpunk on the metal thread?

Brutal black metal from Pittsburgh for fans of Marduk, Funeral Mist, Portal:
http://grimoirerecords.bandcamp.com/album/rejoice-and-transcend

Grimoire Records is awesome! They record and release the albums for the bands they sign. So it is a one stop shop for the band. And when you buy stuff from them, the band gets a large percentage of the sale. Also, that Torrid Husk EP they put out at the beginning of the year is still holding up as a top 10 for me!

Just ordered this CD. Thanks for the heads up.

Picked this up last week at my local record store. Good album, good band. And for those of you that still buy physical media, the record is beautiful. On heavy carbord stock with flat and gloss printing, gatefold. I mean this thing pops! Pressed on 180 gram vinyl. Plus the music is bad a**! Check it out.

hmmm, things have stared to stagnate,,, maybe I'll just start posting 'hair' metal from the 80's. or whatever else makes me giggle

Guitar amps sounded better back then. It's no so much the music was better. A lot of these bands don't even realize how boring their digital compressed distortion is.

Stuff like that sounds better through my Fender Rock Pro 1000 half stack on tube setting. Smooth distortion. One of these days, I got fix flood damage on the switch pedal box for it & get new cables. Great amp with my modded flying V & my Portastudio MK IV. Digital controls with analog sound.:ban:

I'm from the uk and I'm a fan of Bullet for my valentine not sure if they've made it into the American charts but you should check them out especially the albums poison and fever

Not sure if these guys have been posted yet, but I'm becoming a big fan of Battlecross

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUplFIfo6Ko[/ame]

Push Pull Destroy

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ8toa1JobE[/ame]

Flesh and Bone

BATTLECROSS KICKS A**. We got the chance to hang out with them one night in LA while at their show. Very cool guys! Here is the new episode of Ale and Metal TV. Its just a hop yard update. (a little late posting it on the forums). -Cheers!

Yeah man I'm really impressed with those guys.
I remember seeing them at Mayhem last year. I'm a drummer so usually I check out the drummer of every band there, but I distinctly remember staring at the bassist of Battlecross the whole time. That dude can play something fierce.

Speaking of drummers, I used to be in a band with the guy who put the beats down for these guys...
I remember going to practice for a couple hours and leaving, and going back to his house five hours later and he'd still be drumming. This stuff is more like jazzy grind core, but his style is influenced mainly by metal and jazz. Lots of blast beats going into jazzy riffs.

Back