Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's some "christian unblack" metal to go along with your "christian" power metal…

:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Stryper record is surprisingly good, one of those things I never thought I'd hear myself say but it's true..

My wife actually has a very cheesy (80s?) Stryper shirt; that's the only reason why I know about them and their "spirituality".

And here's some "christian unblack" metal to go along with your "christian" power metal…

:mug:

I cannot help but chuckle at "unblack" metal. Sometimes it's decent but there's always a little something that's missing. But then again, I'm not very tolerant :D

My wife actually has a very cheesy (80s?) Stryper shirt; that's the only reason why I know about them and their "spirituality".

I cannot help but chuckle at "unblack" metal. Sometimes it's decent but there's always a little something that's missing. But then again, I'm not very tolerant :D

Agreed, most "christian" metal of any flavor I've ever heard is sub par at best. Antestor, Theocracy and more recently We Are Legend are the few stand outs that I am aware of and all three produce extremely solid metal for their respective genres.

growing up in a christian household really sucks for a metalhead, at least when your parents are southern baptist, but this band was the only one I found that actually put out christian death metal worth listening to. I still listen to this sometimes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diJYMHrvboU

growing up in a christian household really sucks for a metalhead, at least when your parents are southern baptist, but this band was the only one I found that actually put out christian death metal worth listening to. I still listen to this sometimes!

I remember buying that album without even knowing that they were Christian metal! Same with Incubus... Still love the music (especially the song you linked to; used to play [the original] DOOM whilst listening to it). Back in the days I would always buy compilations and then buy the albums of the songs I liked.

I remember buying that album without even knowing that they were Christian metal!

Would've fooled me too, but check out the three crosses incorporated in the logo! So unmetal.. they have a song called J.G.S.H. (Jesus grinds Satans head).. hilarious.

Would've fooled me too, but check out the three crosses incorporated in the logo! So unmetal.. they have a song called J.G.S.H. (Jesus grinds Satans head).. hilarious.

My excuse is that I (a) never listen(ed) to the lyrics and (b) I was young :D The crosses confused me a bit too but I never dove deeper into the issue. Just like the song "invert the inverted cross" by Horde... It's so obvious but I'm so ignorant!

Sometimes I hop over to metal-archives and get a good giggle out of the lyrics of Christian bands. One thing I noticed is that often their song titles are extremely long and convoluted.

Oh look, somebody remembered how to make a good death metal record! About firkin time…

:rockin:

My friends solo when he was/is playing for Exhumed

Exhumed - Bud Burke Guitar Solo at Neurotic Death…: [ame]http://youtu.be/zDMvKYo61uE[/ame]

EXHUMED - "Limb From Limb" live at Kilkim Žaibu 2…: [ame]http://youtu.be/yu6yArUaU7E[/ame]

Latest posts

Back