Calling all DFW all grain brewers. Or welders.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stadtbrau

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a welder in the metroplex that they like or have used that they can recommend.

I have 3 Keggles in the build stage that have been sitting at the welders for almost 8 weeks. This is a guy who does all of the fab for the reastaurant that I work for and he does great work. He is doing it as a favor, but now Im tired of waiting becuase the metal for the stand for this monster is in the garage and I need the kettles back to move along. This guy originally told me it would take him 2 or 3 weeks because he was going to be doing it in his spare time. Well he has no spare time and it's been 8 weeks. :) I want to go get them back from his shop and take them somewhere else where I can get them done. Just cant wait anymore. I am gratefull that this guy was willing to help out but now I just need to pay and get it finished. Does anyone have suggestions for a good shop in the metroplex (I live right by DFW airport) that could bang this out for me and not botch the job up. I need 6 couplers tig welded and back gassed?

Thanks for any help guys.

Wish I could help. My friend is an amazing TIG welder but he did not back gas.
I thought about buying some "solar flux" but if you find someone post your results.

Is this something your friend would be interested in doing?

And Im not familiar with the keg tool method... I will look into that.

Back