Caffeinated Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUCC98

Reaction score
I can't remember where I saw it, but someone here mentioned adding espresso to their brew. Just reminded me of Sparks.....ever hear of them? They're sold in 16oz. 4-packs. It's like an alcoholic Red Bull......

NUCC98 said:
I can't remember where I saw it, but someone here mentioned adding espresso to their brew. Just reminded me of Sparks.....ever hear of them? They're sold in 16oz. 4-packs. It's like an alcoholic Red Bull......

heard of it, never had it though. there is a micro brewery here in Texas (Blanco) that has a seasonal Shade Tree Coffee Porter, that they use real coffee in. Not sure when they add it? Maybe w/ the grains? You can e-mail them and they will probably tell you. [email protected]. i e-mailed them a question about their Pale Rye Ale that I wanted to clone. they didn't give me specifics, but it helped me achieve my clone.

DeRoux's Broux

I think you'd want to brew coffee and add it during or at the end of the boil. We made a coffee porter once and as I recall that's how we did it.

These new fangled caffeine/booze concoctions are all the rage these days, huh?

[I tried that new drink B(E) thats got caffiene, guarana and ginseng in it. it tastes a little sweet with hints of berry. Try that next.

LOL, with the ammount of beer I drink... if it had caffine in it, I'd be asking for trouble. I think my little heart would just explode from beating so fast from all the caffine. LOL. Think I'll stick with traditional additives, or at least non-stimulant additives.

Janx said:
I think you'd want to brew coffee and add it during or at the end of the boil. We made a coffee porter once and as I recall that's how we did it.

These new fangled caffeine/booze concoctions are all the rage these days, huh?

Yeah...it's Raver Juice basically.....it's a weird buzz to say the least.

By the way, picked up a 6-er of Dead Guy Ale last night......great tasting, and packs quite a punch. Reminded me slightly of a smoother Fin du Monde....

I think my little heart would just explode from beating so fast from all the caffine.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Mixing a stimulant (caffiene, ginsing, etc) with a depressant (alcohol) would kind of counter-act each other, or just explode your heart! :p Kids these days, what will they think of next.

dave

loopmd said:
I think my little heart would just explode from beating so fast from all the caffine.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Mixing a stimulant (caffiene, ginsing, etc) with a depressant (alcohol) would kind of counter-act each other, or just explode your heart! :p Kids these days, what will they think of next.

dave
Indeed, I wouldn't drink the stuff all night, I was thinking more of a first thing in the morning sort of brew! Ha!

Back