C02 leak :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonH

Reaction score
Hey HBT! well i recently set up my home tap system... YAY! Sadly I came out to a freshly filled c02 tank EMPTY! completely :( Now I did notice that with my PIN LOCK kegs, the QD's have to sit just right in order for no leaking sound to come out, could this be an o-ring issue? I did purchase the Pin Locks from a morebeer showroom, as they stated they have been rebuilt with new 0-rings. Is it the fact that I purchased pin lock? Im somewhat kicking myself for not getting ball locks now due to this leaking issue. any suggestions of how to find the leak?

-Thanks

Hook up more co2, spray system with soapy water and look for the bubbles. You might also be able to heat it.

Thats frustrating, hope you get it figured out. Are you positive it's coming from the disconnects?

Hook up more co2, spray system with soapy water and look for the bubbles. You might also be able to heat it.

Thats frustrating, hope you get it figured out.

frustrating as hell when you have family coming over 3 beers on tap and no c02 :(

but thank you I will do so!

[...]Now I did notice that with my PIN LOCK kegs, the QD's have to sit just right in order for no leaking sound to come out, could this be an o-ring issue? I did purchase the Pin Locks from a morebeer showroom, as they stated they have been rebuilt with new 0-rings.[...]

Aaaaand Morebeer apparently doesn't know that pin lock posts require a thicker O-ring than ball lock posts - they are definitely NOT interchangeable. And that "wiggle the QD causes leaks" is a result of the too-thin O-rings.

Get yourself some real pin lock post O-rings and that touchy QD syndrome will disappear. Perhaps along with your gas leak...

Cheers!

Aaaaand Morebeer apparently doesn't know that pin lock posts require a thicker O-ring than ball lock posts - they are definitely NOT interchangeable. And that "wiggle the QD causes leaks" is a result of the too-thin O-rings.

Get yourself some real pin lock post O-rings and that touchy QD syndrome will disappear. Perhaps along with your gas leak...

Cheers!

:tank: THANK YOU!

Back