Vermont BYO Sour and Barrel-aged Boot Camps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
Brew Your Own magazine is running a series of homebrew Boot Camps around the country, and lucky for Burlington they’re first! November 4th and 5th I’ll be leading sessions in Burlington Vermont.

Friday will be sours beers (surprise), including a lecture, blending session (with my homebrewed sours), capturing wild microbes, and creating a custom sour beer recipe/process. Saturday the focus shifts to wood and barrels, with hands-on experience installing stainless steel sample nails, removing and replacing the head of a barrel, and a comparison tastings of the same beer treated with different woods.

More details on my sessions on my blog.

Here is the link to sign up (other speakers include Chris White, Gordon Strong, Sean Lawson, Brad Smith… although a couple of their sessions are already sold out)! Sours is filling up at 27/35 last I checked, plenty of room still for barrel-aging.

Sour Beer is now sold out for Burlington, but there are still spots open for Wood and Barrels. For that session I have a 15 gallon batch split: aging in Balcones Malt whisky barrel, infused with the same, and aging with an oak honeycomb for a comparison tasting!

Latest posts

Back