Sour Beer and Barrel-Aging Boot Camp in San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
Brew Your Own magazine is running a series of homebrew Boot Camps around the country, and apparently the one in Santa Rosa was a big enough hit to bring the show back to California (specifically San Diego) February 2nd and 3rd, 2018. I've been back a few times since I lived there for two months helping Modern Times off the ground, but excited to brew with them again and visit all the new breweries!

Friday I'll be talking wood and barrels, with hands-on experience installing stainless steel sample nails, removing and replacing the head of a barrel, and a comparison tastings of the same beer treated with different woods. Saturday the focus shifts to sours beers (surprise), including a lecture, blending session (with my homebrewed sours), and creating a custom sour beer recipe/process.

More details on my sessions on my blog.

Here is the link to sign up (other speakers include: Chris White, Gordon Strong, Brad Smith, John Palmer, and Mitch Steele)! Sign up soon as the early bird discount ends December 15th, a few of the sessions always sell out (apparently mine already have more participants in San Diego than they did last month in Indianapolis).

I signed up for the exact same sessions a couple days ago, looking forward to it.

Edit: reading again I realized you are the speaker, lol. Looking forward to meeting you, love your stuff.

I signed up for the exact same sessions a couple days ago, looking forward to it.

Edit: reading again I realized you are the speaker, lol. Looking forward to meeting you, love your stuff.

I am, thanks for signing up! Cheers!

Back