Buying sanke kegs for my corny keg setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 141939

Reaction score
A friend of mine is using my dual CO2 regulator and tap tower for a wedding where the kegs will be purchased sanke kegs. I use corny kegs.

I just want to make sure we will have everything we will need, so I was going to tell him to make sure the couplers he gets have barbed tail pieces: 1/4" for the gas and 3/16" for the liquid line.

So basically I would just be cutting off the end of all my lines and attaching them to the appropriate tail pieces that are (hopefully) provided by whoever he is renting the taps from. I will then just cut them again afterwards to hook back up to my corny disconnects.

Does all that seem right? I should maybe just call the place myself.

it's pretty typical for D-style couplers to have 1/4" gas barbs and 3/16" beverage barbs...sometimes you see 1/4" beverage barbs for long runs, but you can get these fitting and nuts from your local home-brew supply if something arrives unexpected. also, keep in mind that using a heatgun, it's pretty easy to fit 3/16 bev line on a 1/4" barb.

Latest posts

Back