Buying new BevAir need modification help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricand

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My lovely wife is buying me a new BevAir model 94 to replace my dead keezer (link in sig). I have an 8 faucet T tower that I want to reuse. I want to get the BB94-1-B with stainless top, no towers or drains. BevAir will not void my warranty if I cut the top, but I'm concerned about the drains. Has anyone seen how the drain exits the DD94? If it's just a hole that's plugged and I can open it up there isn't a problem. If it's internal in the wall and the foam insulation has been injected I'm worried about getting a drain to exit the cabinet and maintain my warranty. I want to install THIS drip tray with glass rinser. Anyone who's seen the inside of a recent BevAir draft unit would know. Thanks in advance.

Whoops, never mind. I had the brilliant idea of calling the experts and talked to the engineering department at BevAir. Turns out, all I have to do is T off the condensate line from the evaporator. Woohoo!

Just a quick update on this old thread. I have the Bev-Air, it's beautiful and will hold 16 cornies. I have RO running through the glycol chiller for the tap head and use it for the glass rinser. Two bad things about this setup. The Bev-Air is LOUD LOUD when the compressor is running. Like almost stop your conversation loud, you must talk louder to hear over it. I even built a sink on the end with an open back. You can hear it running outside the brew barn. There is a bar here that has the same setup and I really notice it sitting at the bar, The background noise cancels it in a full bar setting. The other disappointment is temporary. The glass rinser sometimes sticks in the down position. If you remove your glass the water shoots up 8' or more. I contacted Micromatic and they were veeeery apologetic. They buy the valves from a high end german faucet company. The company has been working on a replacement that will be free for all purchasers. I love the rinser, but you have to maintain it every couple days right now. Phil at Micromatic hopes they will have a replacement in the next month or so that will take care of the problem. AMA

Back