Buying a ready to use Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbroze

Reaction score
Yeah I don't want to do the mod and would much rather just buy everything ready to use. Any idea on where I could get a good one? :confused:

*Kegerators
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kegerators/HBF05EABB-2.shtml
AVOID kegkits.com like the plague!

Pro:They are convieniently ready to use out of the box.
Con: Limited to about 2 kegs.
Kegconnection was $695.95 (Includes 2 kegs)
BevFactory came to $523 setup for 2 cornies with the Haier Kegerator unit.

7.2CF Magic Chef - $219 (Less for the EWave which is identical except for the logo)
BrewLogic Dual Draft System - $200
Johnson Controls temprature controler - $55
total: $474 and room for 4 kegs.
Took me 5 minutes to have it up and running.

Pros: Room for 4 kegs with no modifications
Cons: Cobra taps (Which i prefer since it is in the garage)

If all you want is a 2 keg unit that will look nice in the house with no custom work, go for the premade kegorator
If you wantroom for twice as many kegs, and ability to go to 6 kegs, concider the chest freezer, and adding a colar at a later date.

The chest freezer with colar and taps mounted will probably end up at arround the same price, but have room for 6 kegs and you can add better faucets (Perlick)

Check you local Home Depot, they had a bunch of kegerators on clearance at my local HD last week. Under $300 and for about another $50 you can have it setup for two cornies.

Check you local Home Depot, they had a bunch of kegerators on clearance at my local HD last week. Under $300 and for about another $50 you can have it setup for two cornies.

Beer Keg Dispenser - MCKC490S at The Home Depot

I have seen this for sale for as little as $350 in store. It is only a 4.9CF. the 2 i listed earlier are in the 2.5CF range.

It would take a bit more than $50 to set it up for 2 cornies, as there is only a single draft tower. gas and liquid DCs should only be about $15 for the pair, plus some hose clamps. If you don't mind only having 1 served at a time, I bet a 2nd keg could be chilling in there waiting for the first to go empty.

Since this one is not made for 2 cornies, I would goto homedepot with a template to make sure they will fit (Always take a keg template when checking out a fridge that will hold cornies.

Beer Keg Dispenser - MCKC490S at The Home Depot

I have seen this for sale for as little as $350 in store. It is only a 4.9CF. the 2 i listed earlier are in the 2.5CF range.

It would take a bit more than $50 to set it up for 2 cornies, as there is only a single draft tower. gas and liquid DCs should only be about $15 for the pair, plus some hose clamps. If you don't mind only having 1 served at a time, I bet a 2nd keg could be chilling in there waiting for the first to go empty.

Since this one is not made for 2 cornies, I would goto homedepot with a template to make sure they will fit (Always take a keg template when checking out a fridge that will hold cornies.

www.kegconnection.com

Tower Shank - $23
Faucet - $16
Diconnect - $14 a set
Misc hose and connections - $18

$85, my bad.

The local Home Depot had them for around $290 last week. They do fit 2 cornies, almost 3. They come with an external CO2 tank holder.

IMG00084.jpg
IMG00085.jpg

A person could probably squeeze a 3 gallon in the back using the compressor hump to suport it.

Here's what a second faucet on the Home Depot kegerator looks like.

Picture 014-small.jpg

SWMBO actually called from HD with the price and I started adding it up in my head for total cost and figured it was worth a shot.

Fridge on casters with co2 tank, reg, tower, faucet and what not, and no worries about trashing a fridge drilling through a coolant line for under $300.

Probably could have gotten a fridge cheaper on CL, but I'm happy with the cost to effort ratio.

No nearly as much fun as building it myself, but it works great and the only hold up was waiting on parts to be delivered.

Building your own is a rite of passage. Buying one is blasphemy. Besides, ready made keggers are made for one 1/2bbl so it has one faucet on the tower. You could modify to handle 3 cornies, but now you're getting your hands dirty again.

I agree with Bobby. I am nearly finished with mine and was surprised by how easy it actually is to build one. This is coming from the least handy person in the entire USA. Seriously, when it comes to building things I am inept. So if you have ever used any tool, you can build one.

Back