Buy Perlick 630SS or wait for Ventmatic v2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeerNerd

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm looking for an opinion on my new keezer build.

Now that the Perlick 630ss is out, I'm wondering if I should go for it, or wait for the Ventmatics to be back in stock.
I'm not sure if anyone has had a chance to test the new Perlick yet, but I'm interested in seeing if the leak issues are resolved. The feature I think I like most about the Ventmatic is the interchangeable spout. Seems like the Ventmatic threaded growler adapter would be better suited for a bottle filler than the Perlick which is held in by o-rings.

Thoughts?

Subbed.

I don't think anyone has the new Perlicks yet unless they were sent them to review and such. In that case, I assume or believe we'd see bloggers or places like Morebeer would write about them.

Subbed.

I don't think anyone has the new Perlicks yet unless they were sent them to review and such. In that case, I assume or believe we'd see bloggers or places like Morebeer would write about them.

Several vendors got them in stock last week, but they could sell out quickly. Pretty sure BirdmanBrewing from these forums posted something about having them in stock.

Edit: You replied to this thread yesterday. :drunk:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/new-perlick-630ss-faucet-459941/#post5912946

Bumping this up...

The first folks to order the new Perlick should be receiving their faucets soon. Hoping for some reviews.

Thinking it's time to bump this up again.

Seems like a few people have been using the 630 for at least a week. I've seen the comparison thread to the 525. Is anyone using the 630 that also has experience with the Ventmatic? I'd love to see a similar comparison.

The thing I like about the Ventamatics, is the threaded growler filler. I have the 525ss and the growler filler, imo, fits a bit loose in the tap. When bottling from the taps, I have to hold the growler filler with one hand and manipulate the bottle filler with the other.

I did jerry rig a bigger piece of tubing and a SS worm clamp to hold the growler filler to the tap better. I haven't tried it yet, but if it doesn't work I may look to the Ventamatics if they turn out to be a good buy.

Back