burner questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt_andy

Reaction score
I just bought this fish fryer. I was curious if I can use it for brewing. The frame seems sturdy enough.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Propane-Cooker-with-Aluminum-Pot/product/10205245/

I still do the kits. So I still only boiling 2.5gal. The reason I'm asking is because my electric stove takes almost a full hr to bring 2.5gal to a full boil. I was hoping this could help me save time.

Another thing I'm worried about is when in steep the grains. How do you keep the bottom water temp even with the top?

Sorry I'm a noon still

This will work well for brewing especially with the batch size you are brewing. Keeping the temperature constant will be tough with the small volume of water. What I do for my mash tun (which is a 15.5 Bayou Classic kettle) is warm the water to temp and then wrap it with an electric blanket. If you are not mashing grains, just steeping, you can try a cold steep. You can put your grains in water overnight and then add it to your kettle when you brew. I never tried the technic, but I hear it works well. I am sure there is a post about somewhere.

1. Make sure the pot you use fits correctly on the burner.
2. Make sure the burner can support the weight of the pot plus wort. The description didn't say the supported weight, but maybe google search it or contact the mfg.

As for temp control. What about steeping/mashing on your stove, then moving to the burner for the boil?

I had the same issue n the stove. I can get all liquid to the same temp. But once I put the bag in. The temp drops quickly. Then only under the bag gets hot. The top is not hot enough. Even when I stir it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Dumb question but you originally have the water higher than your mash temp?

I've done BIAB on elec stove, once I got the strike temp, and add grain it gets it to mash temp.

There are calculators on the internet, I have BIABcalc on my phone to help get close to temp.

After mash temp I move to lp burner for boil.

Yes, you heat the water above the temp you want for your grain.

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back