Building a draft tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateG

Reaction score
I am looking to add a tower to my kegerator since I am moving to a place where I can do so, the party taps are getting old. I am thinking along the lines of an oak box 6"x6"x6" supported by a 4"x4"x6" tall tower. I already have the 6"x6"x6" box which I made for another project and never finished so I would just need to make the tower section with a base plate and install the faucets. I also have some marine epoxy which I was thinking might be good to coat the insides with to prevent rot.

Two taps, just ordered the taps on amazon because I had a $25 gift card so only $36 for then :) At 6x6 it will probably be a little tight for the taps but I think it should work alright. Here is a photo of the box I will be using on the top, the open end will be down with some cleats inside to go over a 5x5 plate on the top of the 4x4 riser.
BoxFinished.jpg

I'm just gonna use some 3" PVC for my tower for now so I can just get the kegerator going. Nice joints on the start of your tower

The box for the top was from a previous project that never really worked out. That being said I didn't feel ambitious enough to do the same finger joint on the riser section, it is of notably simpler design.
IMG_20140309_150217_854.jpg

I coated the insides with marine epoxy and it is finally "dry" this evening, you can still put a dent into it with your fingernail, it was slow drying hardener.
IMG_20140310_111205_096.jpg

The faucets and shanks are due in tomorrow so I will probably try and get the insides lined with some foam insulation and the base plate on as well as the holes for the shanks.

Back