Buffalo NY Group Buy For January/February 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi - Welcome to the Buffalo group buy for January/February 2016.

I'd like to officially open the Buffalo Group Buy for January/February 2016.

We have an opportunity to get special bulk pricing from Dunkirk Homebrew Supplies in Dunkirk, NY.

This is our fourth group buy. I received several emails from people asking about doing another one.

Here is the grain list and pricing for the Buffalo Group Buy only: http://www.dunkirkhomebrew.com/BuffaloBulkBuyGrains/tabid/666/Default.aspx

These prices are from the last group buy. I'm waiting for final confirmation on the pricing, but it should be pretty close.

Rules of the group buy:
  • We need a minimum of 10 50/55 lb. sacks to get the special pricing.
  • 10 lb. sacks are available, but do not count toward the minimum sack count.
  • Please PM me directly with your order. If it's posted online it won't count. Include the product ID listed in the first column on webpage, the description, and the price to help minimize mistakes.
  • I will keep the buy open until 01/31/2016 assuming we get the minimum # of orders.
  • All grain must be picked up at the same time. I will take care of the pickup. I just purchased a new pickup, so I should be good to go (The last pickup just about killed my Honda Element).
  • Grain will be distributed in Buffalo. We can determine a convenient location for everyone as this progresses. Worst case, we can distribute at my house in Pendelton.
  • I will provide updates on the amount of grain we've ordered as the buy progresses.
  • If you want to do splits, please make arrangements among yourselves.

Payment will be required prior to ordering, so please be prompt with your payment. You can PayPal me directly or send me a check made out to the vendor. I will forward all payments to the vendor. I'll provide payment details after we close the group buy.

Group Buy Process:
  • Accept orders through 01/31/2016.
  • Group buy closes on 01/31/2016.
  • Accept payment (~1 week).
  • Place order with vendor.
  • Wait for order to arrive.
  • Pickup order in Dunkirk.
  • Distribute in Buffalo, NY area. Location TBD.

Ppl aren't checking out the group buy forum is all.
Post a heads up on one of our old group buy threads and it will pop up in their subscribed threads box.

So far:

1 @ 1850C In Stock $49.00 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSEN MALT (1.5L) 55 LB
3 @ 1852C In Stock $47.00 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PALE ALE 55 LB
1 @ 1856C In Stock $47.00 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM MUNICH MALT LIGHT (8L) 55 LB
1 @ 1862C In Stock $49.00 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM VIENNA MALT (5L) 55 LB
1 @ 1866C In Stock $47.00 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM WHEAT MALT (2.5L) 55 LB
2 @ 1976C In Stock $62.00 DINGEMANS PILSEN MALT (KILN 3) 55 LB

Almost there.

To the person who grabbed the Dingemans, is it worth the extra cost?

To the person who grabbed the Dingemans, is it worth the extra cost?

I am in for one of the bags of Dingemans above, and to be honest, I have no idea. I've never used it before, but have a few Belgian beers I want to make next and a Belgian malt seemed appropriate. I almost went with Avangard for the $$.

I'd be interested in bulk hops if the opportunity is there. Sub'd.
I don't have a mill yet or I'd buy a bag or two of grains.

OK - January/February 2016 grain buy is officially closed.

Thanks to everyone who is participating. I will send out a PM to everyone participating detailing payment/pick-up. Look for it in the next few days.

Please pay promptly. I can't place an order until I have everyone's money in hand.

Order spreadsheet was sent out to everyone. If anyone did not get it, let me know.

If your order is incorrect, let me know ASAP.

I've already forwarded the spreadsheet on to Dunkirk Homebrewing. If I can collect the $$$ quickly, we might be able to get our grain in a week or so.

Thanks for the payments received so far. If you are planning on mailing a check, can you let me know so I know to wait for it?

Thanks again for participating. I'm glad to see that there is interest in keeping this going.

All payments received. That was quick. Thanks for that.

There is a good chance that the grain will be here on Friday. If so, I can pick it up and we can distribute sometime during the weekend. I'll send an email when I get notification that the grain is in.

All grain has been distributed. Thanks for participating. Thanks to Dunkirk Homebrew Supplies for the special pricing.

I'd like to keep this going every few months. If anyone needs grain, let me know and I can open up another grain buy.

Thanks again. Very well organized. Happy brewing everyone!

Another group buy coming up soon? Got a guy in my brew club looking for 4 sacks. I'd also be up for 1 or 2.

There's a brewing club in Wyoming County? Where?

We just started back in November. We hold our meetings at the Main Street Winery and Supply store in Arcade. Anyone is welcome to attend, pretty wide range of talents from wine makers to brewers and everything in between. If you're on Facebook check us out sometime: Wyoming County Homebrew Club.

OK - I will start a thread when we officially start the next buy. I'll post a link to it in here as well. I'll probably start it up in a week or so.

We need 10 sacks for an order. Looks like we'd be pretty close already.

Back