Buddhas hand .... ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigplunkett

Reaction score
So i got some buddhas hand at the store, its all pith and zest but the pith isnt bitter. Its got a great floral and citusy smell about it i was thinking it would gi great with cascade and centenail in an ipa any thoughs or experience would be great.
Mash 149* ro water 6.5 boil volume
10# 2row
2# vienna
1# flacked wheat

1oz ctz 60m (38 ibu)
1 witkfoc 15min
1 tsp kdsp 15min
1oz casscade 10min
1 zested buddhas hand 10 min
1oz centenail 5 min
1 oz each 0 min
3 oz centenail 1oz casscade 20min wpl at 170*
Dry hop 2 cent 1 cascade
Wyeast american ale 2 ferm low 60s to bring out the citrus esters

Might sub an oz in dry hop for citra because i love it.

No I haven't used it but I'm planning on using some fresh zest in a beer or two as soon as the tree near my house has some fresh fruit. The ones near me are incredibly fragrent fresh. I say go for it!

Should i leave it be or mske it a dipa? Im thinking leave it so the botterness disnt mask the fruit.

Well plans changed alittle on the hops i picked up 2 oz of amarillo as well so ill replace an oz of dry hop with it and an oz of centenail in the wlp with it.

Well i made some tea with the fruit snd its a no go. When boiled ot gets a medicanal taste. Thinking of going lemon zest or blood orange 3 zest 2 fruit in that case

Back