Bubbling slowing down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badnaam

Reaction score
Ok, this is the 2nd day of fermentation. I saw good activity (progressively increasing) yesterday), however, since it was hot I put it in a thrash can with water in it and the temperature (as indicated by the fermometer attached to the fermenter) fell to 68F. Perfect.

I notice the fermentation rate has slowed down today, I was hoping it would go up, especially when I pitched 23 gms of US-56 and it's a big double IPA.

What's wrong? Any suggestions? Is this normal?

Thanks

it may be done with the main part of fermentation let it sit a week take a hydro reading, if it is where it is supposed to be rack to a secondary of not usinf secondary let it sit for another week or two

at higher temperatures you will have a more vigourous fermentation. that doesn't mean it's good for your beer.

you're doing fine. slowing down is no problem, stopping after two days would be an issue.

dont worry at all....Ive had fermentations complete overnight. Its probably almost done fermenting....Im guessing this is your first brew......RDWHAHB.....or a micro.

Latest posts

Back