BSG Peach flavoring additive to Belgian Wit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceyaquarius

Reaction score
mdRU9w

Attempting to add BSG peach flavoring to a 5 gallons of Belgian Wit ale today, we are 6 days into fermenting. Anyone know how much to add to get a medium/strong flavor in the beer? I like the strength of the Blue Moon Apricot flavor, so I'm looking for something similar. I tried adding passionfruit concentrate last time and over-flavored the batch.

Thanks

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
Best way to use that stuff is to take a few known volume samples of your beer. Then add measured amounts of the extract to each until you find the ration you like. Then scale that ratio up to your batch size.

So take 3 175ml (6oz) samples and add .5ml to A, 1ml to B, 2ml to C decide which one you like and scale up. 5g batch = approximately 18925 ml 18925/175 = 108 x whatever ml amount you decided tastes right.

On a side note if you prefer using extracts to actual fruit I would consider looking at the Monin flavor concentrates or Amoretti extracts they in my experience are much better quality than the stuff homebrew shops carry.

Latest posts

Back