BSBrewery Keezer Build/Tap Lines at Puzzles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSBrewer

Reaction score
Stoked to get this project underway in the next few weeks...

The bar in my basement, "Puzzles" (How I Met Your Mother reference) to which I'll be adding a 2 tap tower in the center (right above the vertical green stripe in the center):

IMG_19921.JPG

Crisper picture but a bit of a mess until the project(s) is complete. The laundry/boiler room is located directly behind the bar. Plan is to convert a 7.2 to 8.8 chest freezer and run a trunk line through the wall between the bar and bathroom (to the left of the bar in the picture).

My conversion kit from Kegconnection.com just came in yesterday and I should have my chest freezer either this weekend or early next week to get underway.

Stay tuned for progress/photos...

Going to look at a used 14.8cu ft freezer for $100 off CL after work today - a bit bigger than I originally planned but for 1/2 the price and double the size of what I was originally going to build with I think I can handle it being in service for 5 years

Go big with the freezer. Your bar is looking pretty damn nice. Get some good pics and it will look super snazzy I'm sure.

Picked up the freezer off CL - apparently it wasn't as large as the guy initially said but it was still $100 cheaper than I was going to originally shell out.

Going to be adding a 2" x 8" collar with the front part being able to swing out so I don't need to lift the kegs an added 8" - should have more pics this weekend (or tomorrow if the blizzard hits NJ as they are predicting)

IMG_19901.JPG

Keezer will be going in the laundry/boiler room behind the bar (seen below). It will be in the same spot as the dishwasher is now. Dishwasher will be moved down (to the right of the keezer) and that workbench is coming out.

Once my bank account recovers from this build I'll get the 2nd dishwasher powered/piped in so that I don't have to run my glasses up and down the stairs.

IMG_1994.JPG

Little brew supply shelf that I built over the weekend and stained last night - plenty of room for carboys, ferm buckets, empty bottles etc since the disorganization of that stuff is killing me. Will get a shot of it loaded up (and my old school kelvinator beer fridge) once its in place later.

IMG_19911.JPG

Its getting there...

Front view:

IMG_2023.JPG

Side view:

Johnson Controls A419 all hooked up - gas line to go to primary regulator is ready to go

IMG_2024.JPG

Inside:

probe come in the back left - insulated with roll insulation from Lowes - secondary regulator so kegs can be set to different psi - swing open front so that I don't need to lift the kegs the added height of the collar.

IMG_20251.JPG

Whats left...

Waiting on my order from kegconnection with primary regulator and some splicers then its just a matter of getting the beverage line I want to rock and running my home made drunk line

Inside shot of the Keezer (6th of Sam Adams Noble Pils ready to crack since I didnt time my home brew right). I have a corny to replace the waste pail for my glycol pool. 425gph pond pump from Lowes to a 3/8" ID Poly cooling line. There is a dual gauge primary regulator outside the keezer along with a 10# CO2 tank.

IMG_2047.JPG

Shot of the trunk line coming into the keezer. Glycol in/out and 4 beverage lines - 2 in use and 2 in reserve (capped off) for future expansion.

IMG_2046.JPG

Trunk line runs through the wall from the laundry/boiler room into the bar area.

IMG_2044.JPG

Behind the sink and into the bar itself

IMG_2045.JPG

and finally to the tap itself...I just need to swap out the hose clamps in the tower so it stops leaking and its ready to go!

IMG_2037.JPG

Nice setup!
Just curious, how cold do you keep your chest freezer? (Mine is set at around 40 degress.)

On my new one, I don't get frost like that. On the old one (Craigslist find), it frosted up like that just before it died.
(I didn't mind too much it was free, and lasted about 15 months).

it was at 37 but I upped it to 40 - I sure hope thats not an indication its about to go as it was a CL find but the bank account is spent getting this all in and I'll have a break down if it goes

Yeah, good luck. I was keezer-less for a few months after mine died.
I was going to scour CL again, but finally decided to just get a new one and have it last for several (hopefully many) years.

Again, that is a great bar set up. I'd love to build something like that someday.

Back