BS Remover Uses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim M

Reaction score
So got my order in today and realized I accidentally ordered BS Remover instead of Starsan. I normally use oxiclean on stainless stuff and bleach on my plastics to clean with & either iodophor or Starsan for germ killers. What is this stuff good for besides beer stone? Just don’t want to waste it.

On the other hand, I have no idea what that is :cool:

apparently it's an acidic stone remover? probably best for calcium carbonate buildup? or for that matter carbonate in general? anything basic that builds stone, and needs some nudging to dissolve in water....

Yeah Yeah saw that one coming 😂. Seriously it’s a 5 star Chemical product BS Remover the BS is beer stone. Looks almost like Starsan.

1670465944988.png

Depending on what your water supply looks like, that will also clear out scale in the tea kettle and other places it builds up. Might even be useful for getting rid of drip stains in the bath and kitchen sinks.

More importantly to the general discussion is how does Five Star get away with SDS sheets that don't have even a vague ingredient list. All this one says is it is a pH 2 liquid, no indicator of what the acid is.

Depending on what your water supply looks like, that will also clear out scale in the tea kettle and other places it builds up. Might even be useful for getting rid of drip stains in the bath and kitchen sinks.

More importantly to the general discussion is how does Five Star get away with SDS sheets that don't have even a vague ingredient list. All this one says is it is a pH 2 liquid, no indicator of what the acid is.
So I’m not alone. When I looked up the sds I thought I get some ideas as to what I actually had but man nothing.

Hah! Got a good chuckle from this thread. I use BS cleaner for everything from keg lines to coffee pot/thermos. I don’t use it very often, but it’s nice to have on hand for those tougher stains.

Latest posts

Back