Bru'n water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmoneyismyfriend

Reaction score
Any body else use this? Have trouble saving batches in data management?
Can't seem to make this feature work.
Any body have this issue?

I'm not familiar with data management. I use the Bru'n Water spreadsheet and just rename it and save it as a new spreadsheet for each recipe. doesn't seem to take up much space. Maybe I don't understand the question.

I'm not familiar with data management. I use the Bru'n Water spreadsheet and just rename it and save it as a new spreadsheet for each recipe. doesn't seem to take up much space. Maybe I don't understand the question.

Martin implemented a data manager macro into the newest subscribers version of the spreadsheet. It saves and recalls previous batches.

To the OP: make sure you have macros enabled in Excel.

Certainly not trying to criticize your product, because I like it very much, I just want to be able to use all of it. I can save it to my computer, but re-opening a saved version causes the program not to run. I figured this was intentional so as not to have me give the program away to others. I have disabled my antivirus and nothing has changed. My next step is to use another computer. I was looking for input from other users, which is why I came to this forum

Is this perhaps an Excel version problem?

I've recently been helping out an hbt member who is creating his own spreadsheet and we ran into Excel issues that were clearly version related...

Cheers!

that is a definite possibility that I am checking into

Have you tried making it a Trusted Document? I've seen a few times where Excel attempts to protect you unnecessarily (To be fair, it can't know what's safe or not until you tell it.)

I use Excel, Open Office, and Libre Office with Bru'nWater and have no issues after enabling macros. I haven't tried that feature, but I will look into it. I generally just save each batch to it's own spreadsheet. Lately I've just been typing the water additions into Beersmith, or writing them on the printed brewsheet.

I purposely save Bru'n Water in the old .xls format so that it is more backwards compatible. You would have to have a super old version of Excel to not work for that reason.

I believe that the .xls is for versions 97 and later. You may want to try LibreOffice to run Bru'n Water. It seems to do a pretty good job and its free.

Thank you for your help. I truly didn't mean to strike a nerve, if I did. I think the program is awesome. I was looking to see if any body else had a similar issue and, ultimately, a resolution. Thanks to all who responded.

Back