Brown Plastic Beer Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fill very slowly with low pressure is all I can come up with ;)
Hope someone else pitches in as that seems like a nice plan.
Are you just going to pour from your pet bottle? Or add a tap?
Thanks for the reply!

Starting out, we will just pour from the PET bottle. I've seen those Ball Lock PET Bottle Connectors with the Gas-IN and Liquid-OUT connections (with Dip-Tube for 2L Bottles) - Ebay - but we'll see how it goes with the pouring first.

Good Brewing and God Bless!

Kugel

This is an old thread, I know, but I have a couple of questions...

I plan to keg and force carbonate a 4 gallon batch in a 5 gallon Corny. Then, when I get ready to go to the beach, or on a picnic, I plan to use 2L soda bottles (cleaned and sanitized) as growlers. I'd like to find some older, dark green Sprite bottles, but it probably doesn't matter, since we'll consume the lot all in one day, or two days. Also, we'll be able to keep them ice cold in an ice chest.

1) Any suggestions on filling the bottles with the already carbonated brew to reduce foam and maximize filling while reducing loss of homebrew?

2) Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Kugel
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun.24678/
This works like a charm, and how I fill 1L & 2L soda bottles.

Brew on :mug:

Look up (here or YouTube) counter pressure bottling. You can buy a setup or rig a simple DIY from an old racking cane, rubber stopper, and some tubing. Works well, and keeps foam to a minimum.

This is an old thread, I know, but I have a couple of questions...

I plan to keg and force carbonate a 4 gallon batch in a 5 gallon Corny. Then, when I get ready to go to the beach, or on a picnic, I plan to use 2L soda bottles (cleaned and sanitized) as growlers. I'd like to find some older, dark green Sprite bottles, but it probably doesn't matter, since we'll consume the lot all in one day, or two days. Also, we'll be able to keep them ice cold in an ice chest.

1) Any suggestions on filling the bottles with the already carbonated brew to reduce foam and maximize filling while reducing loss of homebrew?

2) Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Kugel
Just be sure to keep the bottles in the ice chest when you're not serving. Direct sunlight will go right through green plastic and skunk your beer in minutes to hours.

What you're proposing would be well suited to Oxebar kegs if you're willing to pay for them (and if one will fit in your cooler). You could keg and force carbonate a batch in two of those, and not worry about transferring carbonated beer.

What you're proposing would be well suited to Oxebar kegs if you're willing to pay for them (and if one will fit in your cooler). You could keg and force carbonate a batch in two of those, and not worry about transferring carbonated beer.
Would be great if they come with their 4 litre size.
I've just ordered their carbonation T and caps. They fit on the "normal" pet bottles. I'll be playing around with them soon

Latest posts

Back