Brooklyn Brew Shop Grain Bills/Specific

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matteo.hoover

Reaction score
I am looking for grain bills and hops or other pertinent info. for Brooklyn Brew Shop’s 1. Bruxelles Blonde 2. Northeast IPA 3. Afternoon Wheat

Why they have to make it so secret is beyond me…every brewer uses each other’s recipes.

I started out with some of their kits too. Made good beer IMO. I noticed that for the ales and IPA kits I was getting they all had the same grist packet. Same yeast pack too. And both a secret.

Since going out on my own and getting my own malts and yeast my beers have improved even more. Again IMO.

Bruxelles Blonde is a belgian blonde ale. You can easily google up a lot of belgian blonde ale recipes. Pick one that looks good to you and go with it. If you are wanting a flavor more like the Brooklynn Brew Shop version, then be sure to look for the recipes with the same hops and any other ingredients the BBShop has for their recipe.

Same for all the other kits you mentioned.

Why they have to make it so secret is beyond me…every brewer uses each other’s recipes.
You'll just have to get over that. It's their business, so they can do what they feel is best for them.

They have a recipe book you can buy. I think I got it inside of a kit years ago. I'm not sure if the recipes you are looking for are in there.

The Bruxelles Blonde may very well have about the same grain bill as the Rose-Cheeked and Blonde recipe in their book.

1 Gallon recipe:
1.8 lbs Belgian Pilsner
.4 lbs Cara-pils
.1 lb Aromatic

.25 ounce Styrian Golding hops, divided into fifths
0.15 lbs Belgian Candi Sugar

Boil
4/5 hops @ 60 minutes
1/5 hops @ 5 minutes
Candi Sugar @ 0 minutes

The afternoon wheat may be like their cranberry wheat recipe, minus the cranberries of course
1 gallon
1 lb Pale Ale malt
0.7 lb Pale Wheat Malt
0.2 lb Munich Malt

0.08 oz Chinook (not a typo, it is 0.08)
0.2 oz Amarillo, divided in half
1 cup cranberries

Boil
Chinook @ 60 mins
Half Amarillo @ 30 mins
Half Amarillo and Cranberries @ 0 mins

Hope this helps!

The kit for Bruxelle's Blonde only has Golding hops and no other adjuncts. The user has to supply their own priming sugar which in this case they say to use honey.

https://brooklynbrewshop.com/products/bruxelles-blonde-beer-making-kit
https://brooklynbrewshop.com/pages/instructions-bruxelles-blonde
So likely most any simple recipe for a Belgian Blonde Ale will do. Just need water, hops, barley malts of some sort and yeast.

Nothing complicated like cranberries or even candy sugar for this one if you are wanting something similar to the Bruxelle's Blonde kit. But the grist looks about right. Might use a tad more to get to 2.3 lbs if you want a full gallon. Unless your fermenter is truly just a one gallon jug and you will only be putting 3 quarts in it.

Back