Bridge Rectifier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumeja

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have done a bunch of googling and searches here but can't figure out what the bridge rectifier does or how to wire it with the stc-1000? I know I'm going to be making a kreezer, which brand and size I'm not sure yet. If some one can point me to a link about what and how that would be great.

Ok cool. I didn't know why it can with the unit that was sold on ebay Didn't know of I needed to wire it in or something like that. Thanks

Just guessing, because I've only ever had a 110V unit, but they are also available in 12 or 24V AC/DC. That may require a rectifier for selecting AC or DC. Look on the label for the input voltage and this will tell you what you have. You have to select the voltage on some of the ebay ads and the one I looked at, the default was 24V.

Are you sure it's not a solid state relay (SSR) that you're looking for? It would make a lot more sense. Unless you're running off of solar panels or something similar why would you want a DC freezer?

Like I said I didnr know what they were for and it was on the ebay item that I bought. I got 110-220 stc-1000 with out the bridge rectifier so I'm good

Back