Bridesmaid. Really?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm out numbered in this house by women. Tonight we're, they are watching Bridesmaid. My wife says "everybody loves it". My adult daughter says the same thing. I ask who is everybody, the guys and girls at work or the girls? So I sat down and endured about a bowl of ice creams length of time watching it with them and that was all I could take. I hate to sound like a male chauvinist but I figured I could better spend the evening cleaning my garage. Am I wrong?

Yes. It's kind of funny. Won't change your life, but it's one of the better movies of its type. If you like the Judd Apatow thing, then you'll dig it. If you prefer big explosions and long fight scenes, you won't.

Maybe I shouldn't judge so quickly. I'll give it a try later, after the man cave is in order and I run out of excuses. No, I'm only fooling myself. Never going to happen.

I hear ya. My wife and two older girls keep talking about the new twilight movie coming out soon. They want me to watch the other three movies so i know what i am missing... no thank you, ill live in mystery..

I hear ya. My wife and two older girls keep talking about the new twilight movie coming out soon. They want me to watch the other three movies so i know what i am missing... no thank you, ill live in mystery..

First one I didn't mind but I had to draw the line at the second movie. Excellent message to send stupid teen girls. Your boyfriend leaves you? Jump on a motorcycle and crash so he'll come back and see you in your mind.

Bridesmaid was just disgusting with how petty they acted, and sad enough two teachers on her team would do crap like in the movie just to one up each other. And the lady from Mike and Molly was actively sexually harassing the air marshal, if it was some guy it would of been complained about.

I kind of liked Bridesmaids. I thought of it as a female Anchorman. A Judd Apatow sort of thing for women. It was the first time I've ever found Kristen Wiig funny.

I liked it quite a bit, of course to me the epitome of a great actor is Seth Rogen, so take that with a grain of salt (or a homebrew!).

I heard so many good things about this flick from people, I gave it 30 minutes and wanted to put my ding-a-ling in a salad shooter. If she's gonna make you sit through that, make her sit through Red State, now there's a good movie.

About a year ago, I quit watching TV. It was one of the best things I ever did. Not only do you not miss it, but you reach a point where you actually find it draining...

About a year ago, I quit watching TV. It was one of the best things I ever did. Not only do you not miss it, but you reach a point where you actually find it draining...

I still have a TV to watch Red Wings games occasionally, and some football games. But I have no idea who most "celebrities" are when I catch an occasional Today Show (very rarely). I haven't watched a movie in years. The last movie I went to was with my kids in about 2000.

Good job, you're winning at life. After no TV for 4 years we've had a roomate move in with us temporarily who already had a cable package. Now we waste away in the basement doing nothing with our lives most nights.

TV is a HUGE waste of time. You will never gain anything and you'll lose a good chunk of your life.

My wife is big on watching TV. I have a few shows I really like watching and I watch football when one of my teams are playing. Otherwise I typically only watch the morning news so I can catch the weather and traffic. Plus, it's such terrible TV it's funny to watch. However since both of us are in school we don't have the money or time to go out and do a lot of things so our downtime together tends to be watching TV at night.

We have a pretty clear rule. We don't make the other watch things the other doesn't want to see. So anytime a chick flick comes out that she wants to see she goes with her friends. She won't watch horror movies so I watch them by myself. It works out really well.

I just don't understand the resistance to this movie in this thread. Is it un-manly to watch a movie where all of the leads minus one are female?

I just don't understand the resistance to this movie in this thread. Is it un-manly to watch a movie where all of the leads minus one are female?

I agree, I was in tears watching this movie, I was laughing so hard. Much, much funnier than The Hangover. That movie was a snore-fest.

I agree, I was in tears watching this movie, I was laughing so hard. Much, much funnier than The Hangover. That movie was a snore-fest.

I was not impressed by The Hangover. My FIL was dying through this thing, and we usually like the same kind of comedies, but I thought it was very overrated. Funny, but not nearly the rib-hurting laugh fest I was led to expect.

I clean the garage for fun. Well, not "fun" per say but it is like that little zen rock garden thing for me.

+1 to cleaning the garage

Put me down in the hated it crowd.

To me it felt like the movie was about the Maid of Honor and they added extra bridesmaids just to pad out the length of the movie.

Bobby_M said:
Sorry, the food poisoning scene was made for guys and it had me rolling. I don't understand people who don't find that sort of thing funny.

"it's coming out of me like hot lava!"
That was a high point for me too.

GoldMiner said:
Put me down in the hated it crowd.

To me it felt like the movie was about the Maid of Honor and they added extra bridesmaids just to pad out the length of the movie.

So... you didn't like it because you felt the title was inaccurate?

When an uncle of mine had daughters, my brother and I took it upon ourselves to supply him with what he called "Manly man movies." Christmas and birthdays he'd get Die Hard, Terminator, Braveheart, etc from us.

3/4 of the things the chick from Mike and Molly said just made no sense, but was hilarious. And I agree with above, how could someone not find the food poisoning scene funny? I found the movie funny, minus the sappy love story parts. It's not a comedy that I'd watch again, but it was not a complete waste of time.

I've seen many worse movies.

Redbox has changed my rating system...

was it worth a dollar? sure.
was it worth box office? Hell no!

I have watched movies where I wanted my dollar back....

Redbox has changed my rating system...

was it worth a dollar? sure.
was it worth box office? Hell no!

I have watched movies where I wanted my dollar back....

I never turned off movies before Netlix. Felt like I had to get my monies worth. Now I give it 20 minutes.

Back