Brewzilla as a Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rakesh_rao

Reaction score
Dear Forum member,

I just bought a Brewzilla 65L and would like to know if it can be used as a primary fermentation tank also.

Ideally, I am hoping that, after the wort is prepared and cooled down, I can add yeast to it and do the primary fermentation here and then transfer it for secondary fermentation to bottles.

Is this possible? Has anyone tried it?

What are the pros and cons of the same?

Best Regards
Rakesh Rao

I have some Belgians in the Que and was thinking of doing open ferments in the BK. I'd be trying the rack to keg and spund at 3-4 days method. If this happens I will be racking with my stainless cane because I don't think I can flame my valve. I don't see why you can't do the same.

You could grab one of the distillation lids. They come with a seal and can be clamped down. Put a bung and airlock in the hole and I don’t see why you couldn’t do the entire ferment in there. I would also be a little leery of transferring out the ball valve when packaging but I’d probably do it anyway after squirting some starsan up there.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/distillation-lid-35l-robobrew-brewzilla-digiboil.html

I have some Belgians in the Que and was thinking of doing open ferments in the BK. I'd be trying the rack to keg and spund at 3-4 days method. If this happens I will be racking with my stainless cane because I don't think I can flame my valve. I don't see why you can't do the same.
Thank you for the reply, bjhbrew and hottpeper13.

Yes, I guessed as much, that if I have an airlock, I should be good to go.

My only concern (or question) is whether it will cause any harm to the tap at the bottom? Will it get clogged by the bottom sediments of fermentation?

So, finally, when I have to tap it out, will it draw the sediments?

It is my first time with Brewzilla All-Grain brewing so I am little unsure.

Best Regards
Rakesh Rao

Back