BrewTech FTSs Glycol Pump GPH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
Right in the middle of fermentation, my FTSs glycol pump is on the fritz. Does anyone know the appx GPH of a submersible fountain pump I need to buy from Lowes? I'll shift over to my Inkbird since the pump I'll be able to buy on the fly will be AC. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that Morrey that sucks. I believe it's 10l per min.

Thanks, Don. I bought a small fountain pump at Lowes that has an adjustable flow rate and it is working fine. Shifted over to my Inkbird (for the AC pump) as a controller so beer wont be damaged by getting too warm (lager). Luckily here in SC we are having an unusually cool period, so if I had to have the pump go down, timing was right.

Ss Brewtech was very helpful and responsive. They gave me some trouble shooting tips, but the pump failure seems electrical and not mechanical. In other words, I don't see an immediate way to fix it. Anyway, they are sending me a new pump and have expedited the shipping so it was mailed out already. Plus they waived the shipping fees as a courtesy to show their regard to my patronage. I have always been pleased with the CS at Ss BrewTech.

Glad it worked out! Did you get the uni tank already? I really want one, but I need to get the electric installed and the control panels so I'm stuck with what I've got for a while longer.

The good news is swmbo is onboard with the basement build out. We're closing at the end of the month on our old home. Hopefully I'll be back on line by mid November. Should be awesome sauce to brew inside during the Chicago winter!!!!!

Glad it worked out! Did you get the uni tank already? I really want one, but I need to get the electric installed and the control panels so I'm stuck with what I've got for a while longer.

The good news is swmbo is onboard with the basement build out. We're closing at the end of the month on our old home. Hopefully I'll be back on line by mid November. Should be awesome sauce to brew inside during the Chicago winter!!!!!

It is always a huge plus when the wife supports a major project like your new brewery build in the basement. I can only imagine brewing outside in the winter there after having been near Chicago for a training school in the Navy. Hope you'll send us some pictures as you begin your build and work thru it. I know you'll be excited to begin!

The 14G uni tank is scheduled to ship the last week of September. I pre-ordered (and paid) back in June so this has been a long and anxious wait. I'll have 2 - 7 gallon Brewbuckets and 1 - 14 gallon uni tank all with heat pads and glycol chiller capabilities. Probably seems odd to you in Il, but as late as December each year I may need to use the glycol chiller along with the heat pad for cool nights. I can now have 3 beers fermenting at once with full temp control, now my chest freezers are serving as carb and lager chambers.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your basement build!

Back