Brewstand blueprints?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search the site for "Brutus". You'll find lots of examples and some have dimensions.

You should also check out: http://www.alenuts.com/Alenuts/brutus.html, the original Brutus. There is a back issue of BYO magazine where the Brutus plans were published. http://***********/photos/category/13

I think it's every brewer's obligation to put pencil to paper or mouse to Sketchup to conceive his own brewstand design. It's like a warrior picking out the branch that will become his spear. It's right of passage that cannot be earned by building off someone else's plans.

Just got done designing mine on CAD. You learn almost as much building one to your requirement as you will brewing on it. Just Google the type of brew stand you are looking for and start drawing piping diagrams and layout to get exactly what you want.

I think it's every brewer's obligation to put pencil to paper or mouse to Sketchup to conceive his own brewstand design. It's like a warrior picking out the branch that will become his spear. It's right of passage that cannot be earned by building off someone else's plans.

Or... Mouse to SolidWorks... hehehe :ban: I designed SEVERAL iterations of a stand before I decided to go all electric "Kal-clone" in the end, I understood much better what is needed out of a stand because I had done the thinking on it. I ended up cloning Kal's wooden stand.

Wow Bobby, does that mean I have a lot of spears? I'd say you went out on a limb for that analogy.

Some people are great at following directions and building things. Others are great at designing them. Don't know too many architects that are doing the construction on their own plans and I would assume it's because they have no clue how to use the tools to assemble their projects. If somebody else's plans work for you and you're not super creative, use them and just make it your own along the way. During the building of my own stand I have learned soooo much could easily start building all sorts of different styles of stands. I used the Brutus plans as a starting point and love my build so far, who knows if my plans prior to this build would have been structurally sound. I won't risk it with 500lbs of boiling water

I went to a number of different websites to try and get a scope of what I wanted to build and then drew some pictures, printed some pictures and built from there. I have a two tier system (brewmagic clone) but I will be redesigning next winter to make it better.

It works good but I think I can make improvements.:D

Back