Brews for my Graduation Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comet909

Reaction score
Graduating in June (hopefully). Gonna have a party, So I'd like this to be my first homebrew fueled party. I should have 3 kegs available and I've also got tons of bottles. So maybe I'll do more than 3 beers.

Probably looking at a mix of friends and family, some into craftish beer, some with a preference to the yellow and fizzy. So I plan on doing an IPA, an Altbier (moderately hopped) and the third, not sure maybe a Heffe.

That'll give my one hoppy, one malty and one "other".

thoughts??

Also, I've got one CO2 tank, but a friend could bring another. Should be okay for serving right? Thanks.:mug:

Sounds awesome! Depending on how many people show up you might want to get a minikeg of something cheap though. A hefe or really any wheat beer would be a great choice for the third keg for a summer party. There is a cucumber wheat recipe on his that might satisfy the crappy beer drinkers too.

Depending on the size of the CO2 tanks I would say that is fine, if not you can rent one pretty cheap from most bars/restaurants.

As far as your beer choice, short of a nice lager, I would say you have a good mix there for a mix of drinkers. Most of the yellow fizzy drinkers will A. bring their own or B. lean more towards the Heffe in my experience. If you have a ton of bottles you should also do up a brown ale or an Irish Red both of which most "non-craft" drinkers can swill down.

Grats on graduation! :mug:

I'd do a cheap to brew American Wheat, red or brown ale for the non-craft drinkers. BMC drinkers prefer something sweater, not bitter and not more than 5.0% ABV.

I would do a pale ale, a wheat, and maybe a beer like Yoopers Fizzy yellow beer or biermunchers centennial blonde, or cream of 3 crops for the last keg. That way the pale ale will cover the hoppyish and the middle ground and the wheat and yellow beer will cover everyone else. Then maybe do a dogfish head 60 clone and bottle that for the hop heads. I always feel like most people will drink a few hoppy beers and then switch down to a less hoppy type, so the IPA will most likely be the least drank. At least that is how it would work with my friends.

Congratulations on graduating. I should be finishing up next year and having a party with a bunch of homebrew might be fun! Thanks for the idea!

I'm in a similar situation. My wife's family reunion is in June, and they asked me to brew beer for the event. They're mostly BMC drinkers, with a couple of craft brew fanatics. I decided to brew 5 beers; Irish Stout, American Brown(Caribou Slobber), Cream Ale, Czech Pilsner and American Wheat. All are session beers below 5% ABV, and there should be something for everyone. Good luck with your graduation.:mug:

I'd say Blonde for the lighter crowd (BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde (never had it, but heard too many good things it's on the to do list for summer)), CUInRearView's Gumball Inspired WPA for the wheat/lighter crowd (just kegged my second batch, can't recommend this stuff enough! It's got citrus and slightly sweet flavors, comes in at 5%, and has a slight wheat taste to it, outstanding beer) and an IPA, maybe something along the lines of a DFH 90 clone or SN Torpedeo clone.

Thanks for the Tips, I think I'll be doing the Centenial Blonde. The thread on that one is huge!!! Looks like something that'll be a hit. I think the other beer will be a hopbursted APA. I'll probably go with just those two. (15 gallons is probably overkill. And I don't want to be left without at least one empty keg.)

Thanks again.

Back