BrewPi build to control multipile chambers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryBrew

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'd like to build a device that can monitor and control all three of my freezers. I'd plan to use a RaspPi, Uno and then a 8-channel relay to control heat/cool for 2 vessels and then cooling for another. My question is, will the BrewPi software support this? Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thanks a ton!

Bryan

BrewPi controls a single environment. It doesn't know how to deal with more than one.

But, you can run multiple BrewPi instances, each with its own Arduino controller and own web page, on a single RPi.

I have four BrewPi instances running here, controlling a keezer, two fridges, and a cold-season ferm chamber. Three of the instances communicate wirelessly over Bluetooth, the other is hooked up via USB...

Cheers!

[edit] The 8-channel relay module is a less-than-optimal component in this application, as it means you'll have to have multiple Arduino controllers huddled around the relay module, with AC wires radiating out to all your chambers. You'll also need to provision enough AC input connections to the relay module to handle all those units - you're not going to run four fridges from a single line cord to a wall outlet. Sounds like a nightmare to me...

Back