Brewmasters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunden

Reaction score
I am going to do ED Warts Robust Porter that is on the Brewmaster web site. Do you guys know if they ship their grain already crushed?

You can choose. There is an option in the cart that says "crush all of my grain", or "don't crush my grain". Its toward the bottom left.

Ed's got the wicked crush. I got 85% out of my last batch whereas I normally shoot around 70%. I didn't do anything different aside from buy from Ed. Recommend A+ USA number 1 good party time.

Apparently, Ed employs angels with ball peen hammers to crush his grain. The hammers have handles made of unicorn horns, and the angels sit on top of leprechauns as they work. Shooting stars are used for illumination. Once brewed with, your grain will cause your beers to win world competitions, your award winning beers will be drunk by world leaders, and peace will abound.

But I've never ordered from him, so I'd trust these other folks. :drunk:

Apparently, Ed employs angels with ball peen hammers to crush his grain. The hammers have handles made of unicorn horns, and the angels sit on top of leprechauns as they work. Shooting stars are used for illumination. Once brewed with, your grain will cause your beers to win world competitions, your award winning beers will be drunk by world leaders, and peace will abound.

and you even get the $6.99 flat rate shipping.

Ed is the man, and his crush is nice, too.

Yeah Ed is the man, awesome site, awesome recipes, cheap shipping and I'm never surprised when my efficiency tops 80%+ with my modest equipment.

Fact: Ed once wrestled two grizzly bears at the same time and then used them as rollers in his grain mill.

Fact: When Ed sneezes, it causes grain to be crushed two towns over.

Fact: Ed uses his grain mill to start his car, brush his teeth, and do his laundry.

Fact: Ed won a solid gold grain mill in a grain crushing contest against the devil...twice.

There are more, but I wont bore you guys. :mug:

I just purchased this recipe from Ed. Brewed it last Saturday. Got 75% efficiency. I usually get 65% with the crush from my lhbs. As a result, I ended up with 1.07 OG and had my first blowoff. If you're not used to good efficiency, beware. You may end up with a very robust porter! :drunk:

A lot of truth in there....

I thought I told you that in confidence. Man now the secret is out, and I will be hounded by people wanting to know where they can find a unicorn horn. :D

Back