Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered from them again based on the recent positive feedback. Not happy so far...started out good with immediate order confirmation e-mail...that was Friday afternoon. I have yet to receive notification of shipment nearly 5 days later. Checked their website and still listed as 'Pending.' My wife is away through the weekend and this was supposed to be something fun to do while she was away...not looking like it will get here in time now.

l...that was Friday afternoon. I have yet to receive notification of shipment nearly 5 days later...

MaltMonster -really only 2 business days...

Friday the system acknowledged your order - the staff may not have even seen it -

Saturday, Sunday...not business days.

Monday (yesterday) and Tuesday (today)...
Unless you're ordering from Amazon and paying for next-day or two-day, really this isn't a problem yet....is it?

just trying to be objective for you...

;)

I went ahead and ordered from them again based on the recent positive feedback. Not happy so far...started out good with immediate order confirmation e-mail...that was Friday afternoon. I have yet to receive notification of shipment nearly 5 days later. Checked their website and still listed as 'Pending.' My wife is away through the weekend and this was supposed to be something fun to do while she was away...not looking like it will get here in time now.

Did you call them and ask?

Placed my order on the 17th and got it on the 24th.. Happy with turn around

What is the update ours, Maltmaster...

TD

Thanks to everyone for helping me look at it more objectively. I had to work Monday so I forgot that it was a holiday. I sent them a note shortly after posting here Tuesday and received a tracking number before the end of the day. It started moving early Wednesday morning and much to my surprise arrived Thursday afternoon.

I now realize that I posted here too early, but wanted to be sure to repost so that Brewmasterswarehouse.com gets the kudos they deserve. My confidence is restored and a successful brew day was enjoyed. I will no doubt make them my go to homebrew supplier once again. I will just plan my orders better...:eek:

^ Kudos to you too. I think we can all agree that some times it's hard to stay objective when you are trying to squeeze in a brew day in to a small window of time.

Anybody have any problems with the in the northeast? Was gonna order from them but have a terible experience a year ago. Looks like theyre back in track and love the fact that you can order in ounces

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Just a heads up Atlanta is shut down today. No really, the whole city... We got a few inches of snow and everything went to hell, it looks like scenes from the walking dead. You can find pics online...

Ed announced the store is closed today on FB...

Just a heads up to taper expectations. They are predicting a thaw by Thursday ...

It's that underlying layer of ice that makes it so problematic - that and inexperience with the stuff has cars and truck stranded and abandoned...

I placed a new order on Sunday, got an immediate email receipt and today, Tuesday, I got a shipping confirmation. Considering I always order custom recipes, that is good turnaround time. If you order close to the weekend, they get really busy and it takes them a little longer to process an order. I have started ordering on Sunday and I usually get pretty quick delivery. Since I live on the NE of Atlanta and BMW is NW, I usually just let them deliver it and use the HBT discount. I drive a Tahoe and that combined with ATL traffic cost me more than the shipping charges in many cases.

I placed a new order on Sunday, got an immediate email receipt and today, Tuesday, I got a shipping confirmation. Considering I always order custom recipes, that is good turnaround time. If you order close to the weekend, they get really busy and it takes them a little longer to process an order. I have started ordering on Sunday and I usually get pretty quick delivery. Since I live on the NE of Atlanta and BMW is NW, I usually just let them deliver it and use the HBT discount. I drive a Tahoe and that combined with ATL traffic cost me more than the shipping charges in many cases.

Make sure you account for the city-wide shutdown due to the icy weather you guys are going to get. :D

:off:
Ice is no laughing matter in the south - Snow, yes.... but no one here has studs, chains, winter tires. No adequate road salting or clearing equipment. Ice is NOT FUN to drive on with plain summer tires.
(a former northerner...)

Make sure you account for the city-wide shutdown due to the icy weather you guys are going to get. :D

As someone who has driven in all types of winter weather around the US and Canada, I can tell you that ice is much different than snow as I'm sure you know. We are going to get up to 1" of ice. 1" does not sound like much and yes, 1" of snow is a laugher. But 1" of ice breaks things and I mean trees, power poles, power lines and anything else that bends under weight.

Two weeks ago and our 2" of snow was just a moronathon of errors compounded by over a million people trying to go home at once.

As someone who has driven in all types of winter weather around the US and Canada, I can tell you that ice is much different than snow as I'm sure you know. We are going to get up to 1" of ice. 1" does not sound like much and yes, 1" of snow is a laugher. But 1" of ice breaks things and I mean trees, power poles, power lines and anything else that bends under weight.

Two weeks ago and our 2" of snow was just a moronathon of errors compounded by over a million people trying to go home at once.

Oh I agree. Ice is definitely the worse, even at 1/2". In 2008, we had an ice storm up here in NH and I was without power for 6 days.

Back on topic...I'm glad BMW looks like they've ironed out some of their issues.

Ah crap, I forgot to add some heat packs to my order to keep my liquid yeast from freezing. Maybe they added them. I know UPS or FedEx is not going to deliver tomorrow in this weather.

My order shipped today. The bad knock is I'll have to get my flaked corn from somewhere else. Seems like the last three times I ordered from BMW, there was always one item out of stock. I didn't want to play the waiting game like the last few times, so I decided to have them ship it and I'll get the corn from someone else if BMW doesn't have it by Friday or Monday.

Depends on how you feel about having small particles in your mash but ive made a couple nice lagers and porter using stone ground corn meal from stop and shop. Like i said be careful cause they are quite small.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

I got my BMW order yesterday. Fast enough IMO, but I do tire of always finding something in my shopping cart that's out of stock. I think this is the fourth straight order I've experienced that. I would have gotten my order even faster if they had the flaked corn in stock. Now I gotta wait on Northern Brewer to ship me the corn.

I was serious before, you can use Kellogg's corn flakes, I've done it myself.

I thought you were just ribbing me, like the previous poster. I ordered the corn last night, so it's too late for this batch. But I will remember that the next time I need it.

Thanks Mason! :tank:

EDIT: I take it you would measure it out the same way as the flaked corn from the brew stores?

over the past year i had given up on online orders from them and strickly stuck to walking in because of the unreliability of when my order would be ready. my brother had ordered from them and got the order delivered to his house in less than 48 hours. so today i ordered at 3 and selected instore pickup and it was ready by 4:30. i would say thats good enough lol!

guess ill be ordering online to make sure everything is instock so i dont have to make 2 trips

I got burnt the first time around when I tried to order a ball lock, waited weeks with no status change to my order. After seeing the reviews I gave them another shot and ordered Yoops Pale Ale AG recipe Sunday. Tuesday I had the order shipping out and it arrived today (Thursday) with everything intact. Glad to see them back on track.

I placed an order on the 7th, it shipped the 10th, and I just got an email saying it was delivered today. I'd say that's a pretty good turnaround.

After switching vendors for the past year or so based on very slow order processing from BMW, I am thrilled to say that my last two orders from them have shipped super quick. My last order shipped the same day I placed the online order! Glad they are back on track.

I am happy to say Brewmasters Warehouse is back to their old self. When I say old self I mean superb service.
I ordered ingredients for a Bigfoot clone yesterday at 4:30pm CST. That is 5:30pm their time.
I figured if they were on their game I might be lucky and get it on Friday.
When I got home from work today a box was sitting on my front porch. I had no clue what it was.
I couldn't believe it when I saw it was from BMW. I don't know how they did it but they did. Less than 24 hour turn around.
I live 2 1/2 hours away from Atlanta but that is still astonishing.
I'll be ordering again soon.

I finally ordered from them again. Quick turnaround, perfect order. Glad for them, and for us, that they're back on top of their game.

Guys if you have to worry about BMW, don't. I placed an order for a recipe and some misc stuff on Thursday night and it was delivered today by FedEx and today is Saturday. Is that fast enough?

Back