Brewjacket Updates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brinson44

Reaction score
I’m interested to know more about the Brewjacket.

What I’d really like to know is if anyone has purchased one recently and/or has dealt with their customer service within the last six months.

I’ve read so many posts about their awful shipping times and terrible customer service, but I’m curious to know if this is still the case?

Also, does anyone have any updates on their experience after long-time usage?

Thanks

I ordered mine on 10/27/18, and I think the unit arrived with 10 days or so.

My first BrewJacket batch had big time issues getting down to my desired temp, and during fermentation held about 8 - 9 degrees above my target.
I did contact their support, and they took a few days to get back to me. Turns out I needed to really tighten the rod (that's what she said), and once I did that temps dropped to target ranged and held for the duration. It was a Belgian, so I ended getting some bubblegummy flavors in the final product - but it kind of works for that style

Currently using it on its second batch - an IPA -i and it works as expected: holding temps at my target range.

I’ve read so many posts about their awful shipping times and terrible customer service, but I’m curious to know if this is still the case?

I was seriously curious about the BrewJacket as well but also read the same posts. Then I got to thinking.... $350 (have to buy new Ss BrewBucket lid), can't sanitize the immersion rod with StarSan, and sleeves cost $10 a 10-pack (a whopping $1 per single sleeve). Instead decided to go with this as my fermentation chamber for 60% of the price: https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-110-Can-4-Bottle-Beverage-Center-and-Wine-Cooler-Black/881607757

RCA.jpeg

Is your fermenter a Brew Bucket or Ss Chronical? 7 gal.? I'd like to ditch the Brew Jacket if a Chronical would fit in there, but it looks doubtful.

Nope, wouldn't fit. I use BrewBuckets. You can get taller one's however that will fit Chronicals. Actual small refrigerators would be the cheapest option as wine/beverage center style coolers that are tall will cost way more unless you find a great deal somewhere.

20190123_212718-jpg.608874

Rev.

Nope, wouldn't fit. I use BrewBuckets. You can get taller one's however that will fit Chronicals. Actual small refrigerators would be the cheapest option as wine/beverage center style coolers that are tall will cost way more unless you find a great deal somewhere.

20190123_212718-jpg.608874

Rev.
That's a really sweet setup to fit the BrewBucket - I might have to look into one of those. I'm using the BrewJacket at the moment. It's fine, but when I want to pull a gravity sample I have to life the whole thing out of the jacket and the thermometer on the Brewbucket snags putting it in and out of the jacket.

On the plus side, the Brewjacket kets my BrewBucket within about 1 degree of desired temp for the Pils I just fermented.

Back