Brewing with smart water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They advertise electrolytes as a marketing gimmick so people but it thinking its different and more beneficial than the water coming from a faucet.. In reality all water assuming it's not pure water coming from a spring has electrolytes added when it is treated in a plant or bottling facility.

Haha as far as bottles water to drink goes I like smart water but I go with the 88 cent gallon jugs of spring water for my brewing.. So far so good

You can put this on every label

image-207051614.jpg

I'd say smart water is clean but not sure about compatibility with your beer. I guess it's worth a try..?

Brewing with smart water would be stupid expensive. While for a brewer, not all waters are equal, smart water is just a marketing ploy.

Unless you've been brewing with distilled water, you already have electrolytes in your beer anyway - oh wait, even then you have electrolytes. Guess what malt and hops bring to the table.

Could brewing smart water put electrolytes jn my beer?

Unless you're using 100% distilled/RO water, you already have electrolytes in your water. All tap water has significant amounts of a variety of electrolytes, minerals, and other "impurities".

Brewing with something like SmartWater would be stupid expensive and gain you nothing over just plain tap water.

evrose said:
Unless you're using 100% distilled/RO water, you already have electrolytes in your water. All tap water has significant amounts of a variety of electrolytes, minerals, and other "impurities". Brewing with something like SmartWater would be stupid expensive and gain you nothing over just plain tap water.

Yup!

Latest posts

Back