Brewing software w/ history view by vessel and by batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GratefulBear

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 8 corny kegs that I converted to brew with and I've been using a giant easel to keep track of my brews. I've tried sorting by the brew and by the brewing vessel but they both have their pros and cons. So it sounds like I'll have to go more modern and use brewing software. Is there any brewing software that will allow me to view both ways?

For example, "view Keg #5"
10/29 - Soaked in cleaner
10/31 - Cleaned w/ bucket blaster and rinsed
11/5 - Sanitized
11/5 - Batch started with WF Apple Juice and Saison Yeast
11/22 - Batch transferred from this keg to keg #2
11/22 - Soaking in cleaner

Example with "view WF/Saison batch"
11/5 - Batch started in keg #5, OG xxx
11/22 - Batch transferred to keg #2 for secondary fermentation
12/20 - Batch transferred to keg #8 for serving, FG xxx

It'd be awesome if the software would automatically organize things like this for me without having to enter things in two different places. Time is crunched as it is for me right now so looking for efficiency. Added bonus if you can use on Android, Ipad, and Windows PC all with same account.

I have 8 corny kegs that I converted to brew with and I've been using a giant easel to keep track of my brews. I've tried sorting by the brew and by the brewing vessel but they both have their pros and cons. So it sounds like I'll have to go more modern and use brewing software. Is there any brewing software that will allow me to view both ways?

For example, "view Keg #5"
10/29 - Soaked in cleaner
10/31 - Cleaned w/ bucket blaster and rinsed
11/5 - Sanitized
11/5 - Batch started with WF Apple Juice and Saison Yeast
11/22 - Batch transferred from this keg to keg #2
11/22 - Soaking in cleaner

Example with "view WF/Saison batch"
11/5 - Batch started in keg #5, OG xxx
11/22 - Batch transferred to keg #2 for secondary fermentation
12/20 - Batch transferred to keg #8 for serving, FG xxx

It'd be awesome if the software would automatically organize things like this for me without having to enter things in two different places. Time is crunched as it is for me right now so looking for efficiency. Added bonus if you can use on Android, Ipad, and Windows PC all with same account.

HBT owned and operated brewers friend has exactly this! And you can access it on any device!

Brewer's Friend | Homebrew Beer Recipes, Calculators & Forum

HBT owned and operated brewers friend has exactly this! And you can access it on any device!

Brewer's Friend | Homebrew Beer Recipes, Calculators & Forum

I'm trying the trial membership and I created an equipment profile for a corny keg (there wasn't any defaults I could find for a corny keg, just kettles etc, so there were a lot of irrelevant specs I just deleted and now they're blank). I then clicked through a test brew session with that corny keg. I don't see anywhere where I can view the history of that keg. I also don't see where you enter that the keg was cleaned. Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm trying the trial membership and I created an equipment profile for a corny keg (there wasn't any defaults I could find for a corny keg, just kettles etc, so there were a lot of irrelevant specs I just deleted and now they're blank). I then clicked through a test brew session with that corny keg. I don't see anywhere where I can view the history of that keg. I also don't see where you enter that the keg was cleaned. Can you point me in the right direction?

You need the pro version...completely forgot...here is the thread that has all the details.

Post #6

Back