Brewing Sink Location

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awarner322

Reaction score
Hey guys-- Last step of my basement brewery is getting a sink put in. Had a plumber come over yesterday and give me my options. The way my brewery sits...if I put a sink right next to my kettles it would require a injector pump to pump up and over to the other side of the basement. The other option is to just put the sink right at the drain sight which is like 16ft over.

My question is--- is having a sink RIGHT in your brew area that valuable to where I should spend the money for the pump and all that plumbing work...or is that not worth the hassle and cost?

Also-- plumbing quote to install the sink (minus cost of sink ~$400). Does that seem reasonable. Thanks!

it depends on what type of setup you have. I used to do BIAB on my stove with my sink like behind me (tiny apartment kitchen). It was convenient for running my immersion chiller. Now, i have an electric system with a pump and plate chiller. Im probably 15-20 feet from my sink so I need hoses to run my new plate chiller. It would definitely be more convenient to be right close there, but I just lay down my brewing towels at my station and use spare buckets to catch dripping. Not a big deal

I would easily spend $400 on more hops to replace all teh ones Im going to be losing in my IPAs this weekend

Back