Brewing out of Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevBrewski

Reaction score
Happy Brewing All. I have been brewing for a little over a year now. Started with just beer kits for maybe the first 6 months. Now I have branched out and started making my own recipes. Love every minute of it and constantly have 2 brews in fermenters and 1 conditioning. Have made some great beers and a couple not not so great beers, but that is the fun of it! Happy Holidays

Happy Brewing All. I have been brewing for a little over a year now. Started with just beer kits for maybe the first 6 months. Now I have branched out and started making my own recipes. Love every minute of it and constantly have 2 brews in fermenters and 1 conditioning. Have made some great beers and a couple not not so great beers, but that is the fun of it! Happy Holidays

Where 'bouts in MD? Lots of great beer here in the Free State, and lots of it is Homebrew. Welcome to the club!

Brooo Brother

We're practically neighbors! Just up the road in Frederick County (Middletown). Ya' ever get up to the Flying Barrel?
Ahh nice. Yes I go to Flying Barrel for my brew supplies as well as Maryland Brew Supply in Columbia. Both are very nice.

I double dog dare ya to brew a crab cake saison....

Ooooh, I don't know. Just did a post-Christmas holiday dinner for 10. Sous vide a beef tenderloin (sear finished on a 700F grill) topped with mini-crab cakes. Goes great with a Flying Dog "Dead Rise" clone, brewed with Old Bay seasoning.

Brooo Brother

Ahh nice. Yes I go to Flying Barrel for my brew supplies as well as Maryland Brew Supply in Columbia. Both are very nice.

Yeah, I've been known to drop a few $$$s at each of those places. Chris at Md. Homebrew has been giving me a 10% loyalty discount for so long I'm surprised I haven't bankrupted her yet. They do a lot of brew classes and seminars. Of course Flying Barrel used to be the only on-premises homebrew facility in Maryland, though I think Annapolis Homebrew also does on-site now.

Brooo Brother

Dumb question. Is there a MoCo brew club?

Should we start a MoCo brew club?

Beersyndicate.com lists 9 clubs in Maryland from Baltimore (2) to Westminster to Rockville to Frederick to Cumberland. The only one I'm familiar with is Frederick Order of Amateur Maltsters (F.O.A.M.), but I've heard of activities that others sponsor, especially C.R.A.B.S. in Baltimore.

Clubs are definitely a great way to connect with other brewers of all abilities and experience, and to learn and improve your brewing skills.

Brooo Brother

Dumb question. Is there a MoCo brew club?

Should we start a MoCo brew club?
You've got BADASS in Silver Spring.
BURP has meetings at varying locations over the larger DC and surrounding area.

If there's enough momentum, sure, go for it, MoCo!

We also have The Free State Homebrew Club Guild, a coordinating organization for MD homebrew clubs that also hosts its own events.
https://www.mdhomebrewers.com/

And there's a Group Grain Buy on the NorthEast edge of DC, a tad south of Takoma Park.

Beersyndicate.com lists 9 clubs in Maryland from Baltimore (2) to Westminster to Rockville to Frederick to Cumberland. The only one I'm familiar with is Frederick Order of Amateur Maltsters (F.O.A.M.), but I've heard of activities that others sponsor, especially C.R.A.B.S. in Baltimore.

Clubs are definitely a great way to connect with other brewers of all abilities and experience, and to learn and improve your brewing skills.

Brooo Brother

Actually I misspoke. That was only the FIRST page of listings.

There are 32 registered brew clubs in Maryland, from the Eastern Shore to Cumberland. So there's sure to be one near you. Cheers!

Brooo Brother

Actually I misspoke. That was only the FIRST page of listings.

There are 32 registered brew clubs in Maryland, from the Eastern Shore to Cumberland. So there's sure to be one near you. Cheers!

Brooo Brother
Here's the MD Homebrew Guild's map showing various MD homebrew clubs and their headquarters. Not sure how up to date it is.

For some clubs, such as BURP, meetings may be hosted throughout the serving region.
For most it's usually in the same location. Such as C.R.A.B.S. always meets at Heavy Seas.

Olney is right down the street from me. Might have to check it out. Very interesting! Brookeville is really nice. The Brookeville Beer Farm is great. Also Elder Pine is awesome. Around the same area.

Olney is right down the street from me. Might have to check it out. Very interesting! Brookeville is really nice. The Brookeville Beer Farm is great. Also Elder Pine is awesome. Around the same area.

We stopped going to Brookeville when it turned into a day care center.

We're at EP pretty regularly, prolly 3-4 times a month. Waredaca, which is right around the corner form EP is fantastic. We're there regularly too.

We stopped going to Brookeville when it turned into a day care center.

We're at EP pretty regularly, prolly 3-4 times a month. Waredaca, which is right around the corner form EP is fantastic. We're there regularly too.
You couldn't be more right about the day care thing lmao!

Latest posts

Back