Brewing my first 10 bbl batch !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is spectacular!

Guess I now have another reason to go to Sturbridge! :) Other than bringing the kids to "The Village" and Picadilly Pub ;) Where are you located in relation to rt 20?

I live right off of rt 20 on Arnold road. That's also where Pioneer Brewing is, worth the trip. Great beer! my new brewery is in sothbridge about 10 min away from Sturbridge. oh..the Picadilly went out of business :(

I live right off of rt 20 on Arnold road. That's also where Pioneer Brewing is, worth the trip. Great beer! my new brewery is in sothbridge about 10 min away from Sturbridge. oh..the Picadilly went out of business :(

Yeah the Picadilly went out of business in Westside too. I didn't know it was all over! Crazy times dude. I'll definitely have to check them out, and you too when you get up and running. I can def lend a helping hand ;)

How'd the pale go btw?

Man, this is a dream now true!

To me it seems to be a wonderful starting point but it's safe to wait a while before buying all these stuffs.

A very good luck for your successful brewing life!

Awesome what styles are you brewing & what yeast are you using? :)

This is awesome. I'm not too far from you in NY. I'ld love to come visit this summer when you guys get going! Would you be interested in having HomebrewTalker's come visit for a brew session? It would be great to learn on a small system and get some exposure. Hell, I'ld take a couple days off work and scrape out the Mashtun for the experience.

Yeah, I'm right in Albany and I would love to take a drive and check out the operation! Congrats!

very cool!! wish someone would call me and ask if i wanted to take over a brewery, of course closest one to me would be flyingdog so i dont really see that happening. good luck with everything!!! Living atleast my dream!!

we need brew day pics!!

here are some pic of the first 10 bbl batch

014.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

016 - Copy.jpg

This is awesome. I'm not too far from you in NY. I'ld love to come visit this summer when you guys get going! Would you be interested in having HomebrewTalker's come visit for a brew session? It would be great to learn on a small system and get some exposure. Hell, I'ld take a couple days off work and scrape out the Mashtun for the experience.

We will welcome all homebrewers! when you see the mash you might not offer to help clean it out.

Wow and crap. Good luck! Will you change the name of the Pub?

What's your next beer?

Do HBT members get a discount? :D

the name of the pub will not change, it is a sperate business. We will change the name of the beers on tap once we get everything done with the lawyers. Next one sould be a stout, depending if I have enough grain.

HBT members get the first one free !

If you have room to sell homebrewing equipment it would be a nice way to bring in more income.

If you have room to sell homebrewing equipment it would be a nice way to bring in more income.

We are thinking about making up some all grain recipes to sell. All of the grain I get is milled, so you don't have to bring it home and grind it up. But thats going to be down the road.

That would be pretty awesome, a homebrewer drinking in the pub "man this beer is good, what kind of hops you use?" Well, you can buy the recipe with grain and hops and yeast right here!"

Awesome. I will totally have to come see the place this summer! Can't wait to try some Homebrew gone Probrew haha.

We are thinking about making up some all grain recipes to sell. All of the grain I get is milled, so you don't have to bring it home and grind it up. But thats going to be down the road.

That's is a KILLER IDEA!!!

Cold crashing the temp now down to 52. We will let it sit there are 52 degrees for 3 days then bring it down to 34 for 3 days. After that we will filter and move it to our bright beer tank ! I have to keep on schedule of brewing 10 bbls a week to keep up with the production. Breing again on Wed night, this time it will be a stout. here is a pic of me and my partners at the brewhouse (I'm on the left). we should be on tap at the pub in about a week. We have 35 kegs to clean (everything was left dirty). My friend that owns a much bigger brewery will clean them for us for $50. well worth the money. When we keg I am going to fill a 1/6 for my house.

the boys.jpg

sorry, but it has to be said.. you need to grow a beard, everyone knows that's a requirement for being a pro brewer - get to work sir! :)

... I have to keep on schedule of brewing 10 bbls a week to keep up with the production. Brewing again on Wed night, this time it will be a stout. here is a pic of me and my partners at the brewhouse (I'm on the left). we should be on tap at the pub in about a week...

You look SUPER excited!

sorry, but it has to be said.. you need to grow a beard, everyone knows that's a requirement for being a pro brewer - get to work sir! :)

love to grow the beard out, I'm still active duty military. I have 3 more years before I can retire. This thing came at me unexpectedly....

well, you are starting off on a much bigger system than they did, that's for sure!

If you listen to Pro-Brewers forum, they will tell you it takes at least $300,000 to start a Ten Barrel system and sometimes more if the plumbing and electric gets crazy on your location. Sounds to me like the God's smiled on you and let you into the game for a couple of hundred a month and option to buy the equipment if things go great. Personally, I think it was repayment for 17 years of military service and sacrifice that put you in the right place at the right time. I don't know if anyone has said this yet on this forum, but Thank you for your service. We all sleep a little bit better tonight because of it. :mug:

If you listen to Pro-Brewers forum, they will tell you it takes at least $300,000 to start a Ten Barrel system and sometimes more if the plumbing and electric gets crazy on your location. Sounds to me like the God's smiled on you and let you into the game for a couple of hundred a month and option to buy the equipment if things go great. Personally, I think it was repayment for 17 years of military service and sacrifice that put you in the right place at the right time. I don't know if anyone has said this yet on this forum, but Thank you for your service. We all sleep a little bit better tonight because of it. :mug:

Best post so far. (other than the OP's drool-worthy posts.) Thank you for your service!

ralex999 said:

This!

Congrats to all of you there. Hope you do well. I'd like to visit sometime so please do keep this thread updated. Looking for employees yet? Thanks!

Back