Brewing it up, SF style!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

presidiobrew

Reaction score
Hey-
:mug:
I live in the Presidio of San Francisco, and will be bottling my first batch in a few days (IPA, and I am stoked). Found the site when I was wondering what happened to my airlock (blew all the water out).

Anybody know any general trade publications to follow? I am writing a paper for my macro class on the microbrewing industry, and am looking to delve a little deeper.

Charles

Big fan of the Bay Area! Wish I could be out there right now... There's a few magazines I would reccommend. If you're looking for an "industry" magazine, Modern Brewery Age (www.breweryage.com) is where the pros go. I personally love Beer Magazine and it does have quite a bit of good information regarding microbreweries as well as the macros out there.

If you're looking to delve deeper into homebrewing, check out Brew Your Own magazine (Brew Your Own: The How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine - home page). Always have good articles and they have a bunch archived for free on their site as well. There's some good stuff about commerical breweries in there too. Good luck on that paper.

Welcome! I grew up in the North Bay burbs, so SF to me is just The City. There's some info on Welcome to the Brewers Association (might as well join AHA also, so you get Zymurgy magazine and other benefits). I've written some papers for grad school on the industry and found the info through my school's online library system access to sites like Reuters, LexusNexus, etc. Brewing industry NAICS 312120, SIC 2082.

Latest posts

Back