Brewing in a Basket - Focused Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike123

Reaction score
Is there a forum focused strictly on Brewing in a Basket (BIABasket)? Perhaps I overlooked it? I see some threads here and there that touch on this but not a forum on just that topic. Maybe it is not popular enough for a dedicated forum. I would like to compare equipment and processes with someone who has built and is using this specific process. I suppose I could appeal to the forums administrator? If you are reading this and have a BIABasket system, maybe we could compare notes here or elsewhere if there is a better forum. Here is a picture of my recently completed BIABasket rig.
20200321_115343.jpg

Exactly; the basket is just the natural evolution of the brew bag. No reason they each need a separate forum. Both represent a method whereby the grain is removed from the wort, vs. the wort removed from the grain in traditional large scale brewing. Sometimes people even use a bag inside a basket... imagine the confusion about where to post! ;)

Looks great. It appears you have a pump? Why not set the keggle down lower to make it easier to dump in your grains, stir it and Etc.?
I positioned the Keggle and pump so the pump would prime by gravity feed of wort from the Keggle, which is does nicely. It is not so high that it is difficult to dump in grains, at least for me....I am 5'10" and I built it for my height.

Exactly; the basket is just the natural evolution of the brew bag. No reason they each need a separate forum. Both represent a method whereby the grain is removed from the wort, vs. the wort removed from the grain in traditional large scale brewing. Sometimes people even use a bag inside a basket... imagine the confusion about where to post! ;)
I don't see it as an evolution at all really.

Back