Brewing for next summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black

Reaction score
So spring is nearly upon us (yes, we do have spring in Canada too ;)) and I'm currently brewing a double batch of blonde ale to stock up for camping next summer.

I'll keg it, then bottle it with my beergun. I find it nice to be able to drink a cold homebrew on the beach without sediments in the bottle.

Anybody else started brewing next summer's camping brews?

Cheers ! :mug:

My 10 gal batch of BMs Centennial Blonde has been fermenting for a week. I'll be kegging it in a couple days...looking forward to warmer weather!!

when you say "next summer", I'm guessing you mean summer of 2015 which is "this summer" in my mind.:pipe:

it's almost stout season! but I didn't get a RIS brewed last summer for consumption this summer. I do have a Barley Wine from 2011 that's good to go though!

Yeah, if you're talking about beers for 2015 (this summer) as said by Billy-Klubb, this weekend I'll be bottling NB's Ares de Mars (farmhouse saison), and in a few weeks I'll bottle up NB's American Pale Ale kit. I usually do darker beers in the fall/winter and turn more to hoppier beers and wheats in the summer. Also, I have kits for Dead Ringer, an American Wheat which I am still debating what to do with (leave as is, turn into a honey wheat/raspberry/cherry... who knows?) as well as doing a Kolsch - nice to have one (or 3) of those after mowing the lawn!

Got a really nice West Coast style IPA in fermenter now and planning on brewing an APA and Caramel Wheat in the coming weeks.

I have a blonde and a honey porter (okay, not summery) fermenting and an IPA on deck.

Good time to start lagering if you do lagers. I am just about ready to brew up a nice Witbier for the spring. I plan to brew an Oberon clone, mostly to see how close I can get it.

I have a small batch of lager, but it won't last into summer. I want to try another batch, as I don't feel I have the process or recipe down good enough, but the problem is lagers tie up the fermentation chamber for too long. I have to find a second location to ferment in now that winter is done.

No idea what I'm brewing for next summer... this summer, I'll be doing a few more iterations of my hoppy wheat pale, an IPA or 2, maybe BM's Centennial Blonde again since that was such a hit.

Definitely going to try my hand at a saison at some point as well. That's actually quickly going to the top of the list.

when you say "next summer", I'm guessing you mean summer of 2015 which is "this summer" in my mind.:pipe:

it's almost stout season! but I didn't get a RIS brewed last summer for consumption this summer. I do have a Barley Wine from 2011 that's good to go though!

haha yes I mean THIS summer. I don't feel like we're gonna get a summer this year though, it's still -25 celcius today and snowy :(

I don't like lagering, takes too much time and i'm not that patient. Besides, ales suits my taste most of the time. I do cold condition, though, with very good results.

:mug:

haha yes I mean THIS summer. I don't feel like we're gonna get a summer this year though, it's still -25 celcius today and snowy :(

I don't like lagering, takes too much time and i'm not that patient. Besides, ales suits my taste most of the time. I do cold condition, though, with very good results.

:mug:

sounds like you could use a RIS or BW.

Yup, drinking a 1.5 yr old english BW at this exact moment, All of this while brewing yet another batch of blonde ale. My guests drank my other keg too fast.. cant keep up... gotta brew more.

:ban:

Latest posts

Back