Brewing for health benefits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggmatt

Reaction score
i made a batch of Dandelion Wine last year that I put too many dandelions in. It turned like grass. I was reading about the health benefits of dandelions. They have a long history in medicine and religion.

I ran out of potassium pills last week. The yellow color in the petals is potassium. So i decided i would just do a shot. Oh my. I could feel the vitamins in it the rest of the day. Like a monster or red bull but stronger.

I was thinking if i used multiple vegetables and spices, and made a broth. For example, an anti-inflammatory Indian stew with turmeric. Ferment it. Don't rack it. Stir it all in at bottling.

It wouldn't taste great but can you imagine the benefits of the stew plus prebiotics. What would a shot of that do for my joints?

What would be the best recipe for a daily vitamin? For this problem or that problem.

Has anyone read or seen what this might be called? Where i might find something on it?

I'd talk to a doctor before embarking on this adventure. I don't know much about vitamins/home-made health drinks but I do know that ingesting too much of certain vitamins (vitamin A, for example) can cause toxicity.

Back