Brewing for bicycle tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telp

Reaction score
Every year I get together with friends and family and we pick a nice 5 day bicycle tour. This year I thought it would be cool to brew something for everyone. What would be a good summertime beer to have after a 60 mile day ?!

Will you be able to chill it, or would you be drinking at "room" temp?

That's an important factor that I didn't even think about. It would be consumed at 'room temperature' but would be in a SAG van, just no refrigeration.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nowadays when I hear the words "summertime beer" I immediately think of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale. I really need to try some other recipes but so far this is the only light (color and body) beer recipe I've used since moving to mostly all grain brewing last year. I like it a lot.

There is always picking up ice along the way. I would suggest a petite saison.

That is what I was thinking, or a small session blond ale or even a patersbier.

Sounds like a cool trip. Enjoy.

Thanks all for your advice ! I have a basil lime saison in my fermentor right now (which hopefully survives until the end of the semester when I can get back to it) and I think I will try BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde (with maybe a little extra dry hopping) and take a couple six packs of each. :mug:

Cheers !

Back