• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas BrewFlex - Home Brew Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas0420

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
img_6173-59176.jpg

Hi all! I am to the point the I have outgrown the BrewFlex system that I built a while back. I need a Spring project, so building a new system to accommodate me and my brew pals is starting to shape up.

Sadly, Brewflex Serial #1 is going to have to go to make room for home brewery version 4.0. I have LOVED this setup.... I repurposed it out of a SoloFlex home gym that I wasn't getting much use out of. I sincerely hate to part with it and would keep it if I could, but I need to reclaim the space and help fund the next generation.

Item listing: eBay Link Here

It includes the brew sculpture, 3 stainless steel Bayou Classic 62 quart (15.5 gallon) kettles, 1 stainless steel HERMS tank of unknown brand (fitted with a 2000w 120v water heater element that is controlled by a PID), several copper heat exchange coils, a Shirron plate chiller, a March 809 pump, a high volume propane regulator, and all of the hoses and quick disconnects that I have.

Although this has been a great system to brew with, I am starting from scratch with the next gen home brewery, so nothing is being robbed from this that would cripple it. Off the top of my head, you would just need to add some water hoses, a propane tank, a 5 gallon bucket or two, a grain mill (or buy milled grains), be able to plug it in to a 120v electrical outlet (though it is currently wired to plug in to two distinct circuits, it is not a requirement), a carboy or two, and some ingredients!!

This is located in College Station, Texas which is roughly 90 miles north of Houston and 90 miles east of Austin.

More pics HERE

Please be aware that I will be out of town from Thursday April 4 through late in the afternoon of Sunday April 7 and will not be able to coordinate a pickup during that time period. Outside of that though, I will make absolutely every effort too accomodate.

Thanks for looking!!!
Jason

Not a bad opening bid... thats a nice setup.... i have some friends that live in college statio.... our company has a shop in hearne.... good luck with the sale

What is the screen you're using above the braid in the Mash Tun?
Very nice set up by the way...and a much better use for a Soloflex :)

If only I wasn't buying my buddies truck this week.....

What better thing to make the inaugural “first haul” in your new truck! :D

What is the screen you're using above the braid in the Mash Tun?
Very nice set up by the way...and a much better use for a Soloflex :)

This was the most random purchase I have probably ever made. It is a "grease guard" (or something like that... it evidently sits on pans to keep grease from splattering when you're cooking) that I picked up from a place like Bed Bath and Beyond. I wasn't out looking for such a thing, but it caught my eye and I thought "I wonder if that would fit in my mash tun". I got it home, and it turned out to be an exact fit. There was a notch built into the thing for whatever reason and the notch was the exact size to cradle the downspout inside the tun. The entire thing wound up fitting snug enough that it would probably stay in place if turned upside down (haven't tried). So it was accidently awesome.

Very cool. I love the irony of taking a piece of exercise equipment and converting it into a contraption to make alcoholic beverages :cross:

Exactly. I won't say that the results are guaranteed, but there's a decent chance that it will give you a new body!

Brewrifle, I sincerely appreciate the interest! For now, I am going to let it ride on eBay.... I honestly do not know a fair price. I looked for as many comp prices as I could find and they are all over the place. I think that the $1500 open is a fair base....... The way the parts list for my next home brewery build is skyrocketing though, I could use about $30k or so! :) (just kidding Dear Wife, if you ever stumble accross this)

No worries, I am local and was looking at getting an entire all grain setup and yours looked mighty tempting =). I'll watch the listing for now and could potentially pick it up (if I win). Thanks and good luck!

I think per forum rules you have to list a price.

All merchandise posted for sale must have a listed price. List only items you have for sale. Do not buy or sell for non-members.

Oops. Sorry guys, I overlooked that (in my defense, I had been drinking when I posted it!). Mods, if you need to pull this thread down, no hard feelings.

Or if "starting bid is $1500" passes the test, then "starting bid is $1500". :)

Back