Brewferm Belgian Bottling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdoggy

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I have doubled up 2 Brewferm Old Bruin kits to make a 24 litre brew and used wyeast 1214 instead of the standard yeast (which is an absolute animal by the way) and golden syrup. OG was a bit under at 1.054, expected 1.060. I transfered it to a secondary fermenter so its about 23litres now. The FG is at around 1.004, bit lower than planned. I am going to bottle in a week or so into 750ml leffe bottles. How should I calculate the required priming sugar required? I was gonna use dextrose.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I am doing the same with the Brewferm Pils, just put it in primary today. Will be bottling to 330ml bottles and have the same question! Should I use one carbonation drop per bottle or measure dextrose into each?

If your FG is around the 1.010, you could disolve the sugar in a small amount of water and bring to the boil and add the mix to your bucket before bottling. That way it doesn't matter what size bottles you use.

My question was more to do with the FG being lower than expected. I'm not sure if that means it won't carbonate as well as it should.

Back