Brewery Name Help II: Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so in my other thread, it was decided that my current brewhaus name was kinda crappy, so I'd like to bring up some ideas and suggestions, then post a vote to help me out.

So, I live in Baltimore Maryland, so I live near the Chesapeake Bay, Inner Harbor, Gunpowder River, Gunpowder Falls, Susquehanna River and Conewingo Dam. I've had ideas like 'Bay City' or 'Harbor City' but they're possibly too generic and might make you think of the wrong city. Plus, there's a brewery in town called Clipper City, so I'd rather stand out on my own.

I'm near the Mason-Dixon line and there's LOTS of Civil War heritage around here. That and the Gunpowder River makes me want to think things around that nature. However, I haven't been able to think of anything that rolls of my tongue and inspires that cool new label I want.

Anyone care to give me a hand with some suggestions based around my locality?

Everyone loves local tradition:

Flintlock_Brewing.jpg

Hmm. Civil War = amputation?

Pegleg Brewing Co.?

I think 'Gunpowder River' is pretty cool, too. But I can see how you would not be into that if everything where you live is Gunpowder this, Gunpowder that.

Rampart Brewing

Relevant to the history of Baltimore, sounds cool, but maybe a bit of a stretch (Francis Scott Key --> Star-Spangled Banner --> "o'er the ramparts")

Back