Brewers Equipment Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello ladies and gents. Just wanted to give you a heads up as to my dealings with Marcus Glover and Michelle Glover with Brewers Equipment found here http://www.brewersequipment.com/. They are total scam artists and you should not have any type of business dealings with them at all. I first contacted Marcus through www.probrewer.com in April of 2011 to buy a stainless stand from him and have my kettles shipped to him from Stouts Tank and Kettles and he was going to do the plumbing and wiring and whole 9 yards. Well fast forward a year and a multitude of headaches and I was able to get my kettles from him but no stand or wiring or plumbing just in the hole ~ $3800. Honestly I am just writing this post to protect other honest hard working people and their money as I have nothing to gain from this post. I have nothing to brew on so I have lots of time to let people know about him. Please feel free to PM me or reply to this post and I will be happy to call you or send you the whole chain of email of our business relationship. I am currently pursing legal action against him as he agreed to refund my money but still has not done so.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to protect the innocent.

Eric

Here's my completed stand, modified to fit 2 10" banjos. It is truly great, thanks Marcus!!!

image-1516873932.jpg

Hello,

Just wanted to update this post.

Hello ladies and gents. Just wanted to give you a heads up as to my dealings with Marcus Glover and Michelle Glover with Brewers Equipment found here http://www.brewersequipment.com/. They are total scam artists and you should not have any type of business dealings with them at all. I first contacted Marcus through www.probrewer.com in April of 2011 to buy a stainless stand from him and have my kettles shipped to him from Stouts Tank and Kettles and he was going to do the plumbing and wiring and whole 9 yards. Well fast forward a year and a multitude of headaches and I was able to get my kettles from him but no stand or wiring or plumbing just in the hole ~ $3800. Honestly I am just writing this post to protect other honest hard working people and their money as I have nothing to gain from this post. I have nothing to brew on so I have lots of time to let people know about him. Please feel free to PM me or reply to this post and I will be happy to call you or send you the whole chain of email of our business relationship. I am currently pursing legal action against him as he agreed to refund my money but still has not done so.

Eric

Hello,

Eric

if you can, post what legal action, i'm going to file a small claims suit against him. I'm in Texas and i'm going to try to file locally.

Hello,

Eric

Eric,

I had similar problems and finaly got his attention by threatening to go to the police and file criminal charges. He eventually sent me a check which bounced. I threatend legal action against that also. He finally sent me a cashiers check for the full amount but it was about 6 months of work to get my money back. Call the local police down there and file a complaint with them. It might help, certainly won't hurt.

On another note, I flew in the AF with a guy named Eric Stark. Any relation?

Brian

If so many people are pursuing legal action what is taking authorities so long to bring this to a resolution. I feel bad for you folks that got f***ed by him! How can he slide by for so long; especially with all this bad press archived here and on other forums?

pickles said:
If so many people are pursuing legal action what is taking authorities so long to bring this to a resolution. I feel bad for you folks that got f***ed by him! How can he slide by for so long; especially with all this bad press archived here and on other forums?

I guess we just have a super efficient legal system...

As a small business owner, this whole thread chaps my ass too. I hope all you guys with gripes tear him a new one!

I don't know how people like this have the balls to stay in business. I can understand running a business into the ground badly. Not everyone is cut out for it but once you get to the point of stealing from people to keep afloat, it's time to face facts, fold up and go find a job. Tip to people thinking about starting a business: don't price yourself out of business right from the start. Low prices bring too many customers that you actually have to serve and make happy.

He sent my money back to me after 3 months waiting for a full rig....just a week ago!!!
Now I got a truck and its on like Donkey Kong to build it my self..:)

I've had nothing but a wonderful experience with Marcus. Got my stand 3 weeks ago, exactly as ordered, 1 week after paying. Was I skeptical? Yep. Am I glad I risked it? Hell yes!!

image-2719663771.jpg

LOL Dood Im soooo sorry for you. He sent my money back after 3 months about a week ago. I m starting to think we should get an M.A. meeting going..for all of us who have had bad dealings with him.lol lol I sure would like for him to come on here and tell every one sorry for any of the hassle and try to redeem his trust...name.

I would've been so much happier with my set up then the money...For sure. It is what it is though and I don't know why it went down the way it did. Oh well live and learn.

stamandster said:
Is it just me or is the shield misaligned on the middle burner?

I requested it that way in order to fit 3 10" banjos, then decided to go with a smaller burner in the middle. That was all me.

I had a similar experience with Marcus. Very unprofessional. Never returned calls. Didn't refund or finish the project we started.

Looks like his site is shut down. BrewersEquipment.com BEWARE!!!

There is a company review forum at the bottom of the main page of HBT - That's usually where I go to find information about a new potential vendor.

Also be aware that interstate commerce laws are vague or non existent for computer commerce. I ran into this with a tuner parts site based in Colorado a few years ago. It took my union's lawyers & 13 months to get most of my money back. now I only deal with the top vendors for anything.

Wow, that sucks. I got my stand from him 14 days from order to my door last summer. Spoke with him on the phone and he even let me know when it shipped with a tracking number.

Back