Brewers best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrblessing1

Reaction score
Are brewers best kits good? Thinking about doing a IPA from them... if not what kits do you recommend for a newb

Some of the basic equipment I still use is from my original Brewer's Best purchase ... buckets, pot, etc.

I've NEVER brewed a kit from anyone, but the Brewer's Best ingredient kits seem to have good directions and their extract recipes are pretty straightforward. There's a butt-load of recipes to choose from and the only consideration I'd worry over would be the age of the kit and dry yeast inside.
The hardest thing would be choosing the style you want to brew and then getting it done.

Kit should be fine, the only change I would suggest is to upgrade to a better yeast. Fermentis Safale S-05 is a nice dry yeast.

I did a lot of kits many years ago, BB were good ones.

I've done a few of the Brewer's Best kits and they have all turned out pretty good with no problems. The IPA kit is probably my favorite. I got most of my kits from my LHBS so the ingredients and yeast were fairly fresh.

Brewer's Best makes some good kits.

I also wouldn't hesitate to order from Northern Brewer, or Midwest Supply. They're owned by the same company.

Brewers best kits are decent. A few are excellent (their imperial blonde is a great kit)
northern brewer has good kits
AIH has good kits
Williams brewer has good kits

Right now, since you are doing extract, it's good practice to pop out a few kits to get your process down, just figure out what kinds of beer you like and go from there. With Extract, the fresher the better. Most of the online stores have their recipes posted (the hop schedule), so find a beer you like (like bells two hearted, or sierra nevada, whatever) and the look for clone kits.

get your process down..

Latest posts

Back