Brewers Best Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cglkaptc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a brewers best Deluxe kit, and only one of the buckets has a spigot on it. Should I use the one with the spigot as the bottling bucket or the fermenter. And why?

Any help will do.
Thanks

cglkaptc said:
Hi all,

I just got a brewers best Deluxe kit, and only one of the buckets has a spigot on it. Should I use the one with the spigot as the bottling bucket or the fermenter. And why?

Any help will do.
Thanks

It's actually a matter of preference.....But the most coomon way is described below.

Usually you use the one with the spigot as the bottling bucket. The process is that a bottling time you boil approximately 5 ounces of priming sugar dissolved in 2 cups of water. Let it cool, then pour that in the bottom of the bottling bucket. Then using a siphon or auto siphon you carefully "rack" the beer into the the priming solution in the bottling bucket. I usually curve the siphon hose around the bottling bucket so that as the beer flows into it it rotates and mixes with the sugar water for even distribution.

Afterwords you attach your hose and bottling wand onto the spigot, open it and begin boottling....

Welcome to the wonderfully addicting world of beer making....

Any questions, this is the place to ask.

Back